NSV - What's your recent?

Options
Woo hoo. Just had to ditch three pairs of work trousers as literally far too baggy.

Found a pair that have been too tight since I don't know when, and even they have some spare room!

Sat putting some extra holes in my belt, as even on smallest setting still a bit too slack..and it feels good!!!!!

Happy...happy...happy. :laugh:

Replies

• natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, it must feel amazing to have baggy trousers! Well done, you must have been working really hard.

My recent NSV is pretty minor but it's that I went to my 2nd circuit training class even though i'd had a hard day with the baby, I went alone, was still in pain from the first one and I'm the largest person there. Feel different this time about losing weight, hoping this is it now and I'll get into it.
  • yougogirl45
    yougogirl45 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love me a good NSV!! Great job, both of you. Just keeps reminding me to keep on, keepin' on!
  • ktloo
    ktloo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just ran my first 5K on Sunday, goal was to finish in 33 minutes, but ended up finishing in 30:22! and I didn't walk at all, first time for that!
  • malcolmjcooper
    malcolmjcooper Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I went to put my swimming shorts on saturday morning and they were huge size 4x so I went to the local clothes store and I was able to shop off the normal racks xl was so much more to pick :smile:
  • LadyGisborne
    LadyGisborne Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Taking my "normal" clothes down from the attic and storing away my "fat" clothes.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Well done :)

My belt has gone past it's last hole. i need to go buy a new one :)
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Someone just walked in my room with a plate of brownies and peanut butter cookies offering me one. I politely declined. BOOM!
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That was my favorite NSV for sure! Wearing clothes that were too baggy then trudging through the closet to find clothes I haven't worn in years to find out that they were too big as well. Soon after I realized that my sunglasses & shoes didn't fit either. I did a little victory dance in my closet :-)
  • cookiegy
    cookiegy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Happened a few weeks ago, but there is a programme here in the UK called "Peppa Pig" - it's slightly crazy but my kids love it. There is one episode where the kids have a password which is "Daddy's big tummy". My children always used this when they played together and my little girl used to grab my tummy when they said it. She looked at me the other week and sighed, saying "You haven't got a big tummy anymore, we'll have to have another password"
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Got into a size medium t-shirt the other day, six months ago I was wearing XXX Large :smile:
  • tgabmac
    tgabmac Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I accidentally bought some work pants over the summer that were FAR TOO TIGHT!!! I thought they were my size, but I could barely button those things. I had to keep it because it was on clearance. When I packed up for school, I didn't realize I accidentally brought those pants! Oh no! However, they FIT! I didn't even realize they where the muffin top grabbing pants until I noticed the fabric was different from my dress pants! Yea!
  • amykuh
    amykuh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was shopping for a Halloween costume at the local thrift shop, saw a dress that was the right color, and grabbed it to try on. I wouldn't normally try on a fitted-through-the-hips size 10, but for some reason I didn't look at the size until I took it off. And it fit perfectly! (Also: $8 yay!) And I can distinctly remember the victory buying of size 12 jeans, and at the time thinking that there was *no way* that those would ever be loose. Happy day!
  • NetflixAndChocolate
    Options
    I have a tshirt that I owned when I was 12 that i got on, its my goal tshirt ( i was 13 stone age :12) But it looks better :D
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great work!

I have a couple - tried on some barely-worn, long ignored at the back of the wardrobe, winter jumpers/dresses that I 'grew out of' a few years ago and they fit! AND they look pretty good too, even if I do say so myself. Which means I get the 'new clothes buzz' without having to go shopping!

Also, I've been hitting the gym consistently for a full month (I joined at the end of August), 4 times a week, every week. I haven't missed a session, even those days when I wasn't feeling particularly motivated. That's a major victory for me as I've always been quite adept at finding excuses not to get off my backside!
  • SmartForAGirl
    SmartForAGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A friend and I were shopping last week and I agonized over buying the XXL t-shirt or the XL t-shirt. I finally decided on the XL saying, "This won't fit now but it will fit soon hopefully and I hate to buy a size bigger because I hope to not be in that size much longer." Imagine my surprise when I pulled the new t-shirt out three days later and it fit like it was made for me. So glad I didn't let that "you're a fat girl" voice in my head talk me into the XXL!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My hipbones are back! Hi guys; I've missed you!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I lost all the baby weight, only took me 10 years :wink:
  • mearsy88
    mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have just ran for the first time today!!!! HUGE deal for me!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I had to go through my closet and try on clothes this weekend. I found 5 shirts and 2 pairs of pants that now fit! I also packed up two boxes of 'too large' clothes to take to Goodwill.
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I bought a shirt last spring buttons were gaping looked horrible, didn't take it back and I am glad looks great today!
    Another inch off my waist this last month:love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!