There's "the look" again

Options
So once in every while I buy myself a whole basket full of sweets. Chips, candy, chocolate, Ice cream and anything else I want. And then the cashier says: "Omg! Are you gonna eat all that??" And then I say yes..... and she goes: "OMG your gonna get as fat as an elephant!" And then I smile and say: "I eat on this for 2-3 weeks. It's called moderation."

And then she looks at me as if crazy and she almost dropped my damned cupcakes in horror! Does anyone else get reactions like this? :laugh:

Replies

• TheKingsChampion
    Options
    bump
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I buy a large amount of sweets at one time. I have been asked if it was all for me or for a party, but when I say they are just for me they usually think I have had a bad day or that it must take me a long time to finish them. When I was bigger they thought I ate them all in one day.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    You must be really interesting. No, never happened to me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    fry-squint.png?w=470&h=132&crop=1

Not sure if serious, or making up story in an attempt at interesting thread....
  • TheKingsChampion
    Options

Nope. Serious. Unfortunately. It was actually embarrassing because she said it so loud everyone could hear it.
  • 2thesexydress
    2thesexydress Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I cannot buy that much sweets because my brain will think we are having a binge and that could be dangerous LOL!

Occasionally i might buy the 3 sweet packs £1 but that is not very often. (My downfall is marshmallows and cola fizzy wands) :noway:
  • Alluminati
    Options
    I cannot buy that much sweets because my brain will think we are having a binge and that could be dangerous LOL!

Occasionally i might buy the 3 sweet packs £1 but that is not very often. (My downfall is marshmallows and cola fizzy wands) :noway:
    So when you bring your sweets up to the cashier does she give you "the look" ?
  • Alluminati
    Options

Nope. Serious. Unfortunately. It was actually embarrassing because she said it so loud everyone could hear it.
    The title of your thread and your OP sounds like she does this every time. Have you complained to management cause that's rude?
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    This is the reason why I dont buy any sweets ... ever.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Never happened to me but I have never purchased that many "treats" at one time.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    I do on occasion get the same look when buying beer!! :drinker:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I get comments when I buy large amounts of anything- sweets, produce, orange juice (I was hosting brunch; it was a lot of orange juice).

In my area, cashiers are primarily teenagers without tact or adults trying to make small talk without thinking about how nosey they're being.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I always get weird looks at Walmart when I walk in wearing a ski mask and buy my weekly allotment of duct tape, zip ties, plastic bags, gloves, a shovel, and a chef's knife. People can be so damn judgmental.
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I always get weird looks at Walmart when I walk in wearing a ski mask and buy my weekly allotment of duct tape, zip ties, plastic bags, gloves, a shovel, and a chef's knife. People can be so damn judgmental.

^^^ thank you for this..... I needed a laugh :laugh:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

Perhaps it would help to also remember pants. :bigsmile:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Her customer service skills could use some work. That was an incredibly rude thing to say. I usually use self-checkout so that I don't have to deal with anyone. There is usually less of a line, too.
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    No, but once I was buying pull ups for my son and the cashier said "Those are huge! Kids shouldn't still be wearing pull ups when they're that big" and I said "They do when they are permanently disabled." Shut her right the heck up. I hate nosy cashiers.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    So once in every while I buy myself a whole basket full of sweets. Chips, candy, chocolate, Ice cream and anything else I want. And then the cashier says: "Omg! Are you gonna eat all that??" And then I say yes..... and she goes: "OMG your gonna get as fat as an elephant!" And then I smile and say: "I eat on this for 2-3 weeks. It's called moderation."

And then she looks at me as if crazy and she almost dropped my damned cupcakes in horror! Does anyone else get reactions like this? :laugh:

I get that look when I buy a lot of booze. More often than not the checkout person will either ask me if I'm having a party or tell me to go straight home. :ohwell:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Perhaps it would help to also remember pants. :bigsmile:

:blushing:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I purchased 10 pounds of carrots. The clerk said " what, are you feeding horses"? I looked straight at her and said

Yes, as a matter of fact I have TWO.

Shut her up right away.