Isagenix

Options

Replies

• stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with others even if you don't really want to hear it. I have not tried the particular product that you are speaking of but I purchased the Jillian Michaels cleanse from Wal-Mart when I first started trying to lose weight hoping for a "jump start." It was a 14 day cleanse and I actually went from having normal functioning bowels to being constipated the entire 14 days and at least another week after it was done. I think I lost 1lb which I could have easily done in 14 days on my own.

I also have multiple friends that have used and/or sell Advocare. I got sucked in and decided to do just the "cleanse" part of the 24 day challenge they offer which is for 10 days. I did not feel one bit better, continued to have constipation problems and I think I lost 1lb. It was at that point I finally accepted there is no "jump starting" weight loss. Any and all cleanses in my opinion are a waste of money. I could have found a much better use of $60 for sure. If you have any extra money you'd like to get rid of I'd be happy to take it off your hands.
  • Relentless_0ne
    Options
    But there are those of us that are diet failures and need a little help to get a good jump start. I'd like to hear from those people that have actually used it, not from those who just want to state their opinion.

What does a jump start mean? The best "jump start" a health goal can have is developing a plan that is feasible in the long run. Think about your lifestyle, what your goals are, and make a list of realistic things you can do to achieve those goals.

The problem with the shakes is that they don't actually do anything. That is not an opinion. A drink cannot do anything to your kidneys/liver/intestines that normal food doesn't already do (those are your organs that cleanse your body every day without being asked). This is not opinion. This is fact. A smoothie cannot detoxify your body.

Other facts:
    -It's multilevel marketed (also known as a pyramid scheme). It is prohibitively expensive unless you sign up 2 people.
    -The primary ingredients are protein powder ingredients (whey and milk protein)
    -The plan is a VLCD (very low calorie diet). Once you start eating a normal diet again (which you will.. the program will cost you thousands of dollars), you will gain the weight back.
    -It is not FDA approved.

17.jpg

/THREAD

Should be a sticky for all "detoxes" n "cleanses"
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Any and all thoughts on the subject (both good and bad) would be greatly appreciated

^^^ Your words.
    Honestly. . . I don't really want replies telling me the stuff is garbage.

^^^ALSO your words. So which is it?

Yeah I was confused about this as well. Don't waste your money OP.
  • mareacuda
    mareacuda Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who actually gifted me Isagenix products to "try" for my birthday. It was crushing (who gives diet products as a birthday gift?). After a really long conversation with her, I bought it. I tried it. I hated it. I felt irritable, it tastes awful (even people that sell it tell you how awful some of the items taste!) They want you to do a "deep cleanse" 2 days every couple weeks and I felt sick, dizzy, certainly not "cleansed".

There is an item called "Snacks!" you are supposed to use on your cleanse days... they come in a pill bottle and are like big chalky gross tablets. Definitely not anything I would ever call a snack. Some of the bars are tasty (meaning I ate them even after quitting the program), so there is that. I blended the shakes with coconut water and ice and they were fine. Nothing to write home about. I have had better chocolate protein shakes.

I follow a group of them on Facebook.. they constantly tell all the newbies that the bad taste is because their body is "toxic", to "hold your nose and shoot it like alcohol", and that they need to fight through it to have success. I just really don't like the whole vibe. They bill it as a "superfood" and try to use trendy buzz words to get more people to buy it.

I have worked in a corporate office for a multi-level marketing company before... and I just don't like the business model. I feel like I am paying 4x the value of something because I am paying so many people above me to buy it.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Back when I didn't know better, I tried a variety of "detoxes" and "cleanses" and other crud. Yeah I lost weight on a few of them but I became a "diet failure" after each because they aren't exactly healthy and they don't give you skills to maintain for the rest of your life. Want to not be a victim of "diet failure", find a plan with reasonable calories and stick to it a majority of the time. Get out and move. You can see by many MANY tickers around here that it works. If you want to jump start anything, go with the brain since that's the biggest factor in weight loss. If you see yourself as a victim of dieting, you'll never change.
  • grumpymamabear
    Options
    Marecuda - thank you! That's what I wanted. A response from someone who has actually tried the product.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,508 Member
    Options
    It's a marketing gimmick at best. You might get some extra nutrition (although purity and dosage matters), but overall there is no food or drink you consume that "detoxes" or "jumpstarts" the body.
    Don't rely on opinions and anecdotes, rely on science. And peer reviewed clinical studies have shown that "detoxes" and "cleanses" are misnamed because they do nothing of the sort for the body.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Marecuda - thank you! That's what I wanted. A response from someone who has actually tried the product.

$10 bucks says that OP tries the product anyway.

Lmao
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I do get that sometimes you need something quick and nutritious, particularly if you have a busy day. There are a lot of websites with great shakes that you can make at home at the fraction of the cost and with more nutrition. Having these instead of regular meal on occasion is fine.

There is nothing magic about this product and I did have a friend who sold it for awhile. The organization spends a lot of time teaching "sales" and she said she heard very little about nutrition. She felt a great deal of pressure and didn't feel that she was giving people a real tool to change their lifestyle and health. My friend is a decent person who really needed to make some money (with flexible hours) as a single mother but had to stop since her ethics told her to. It says a lot about a product when selling it makes your morale compass spin!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Some of the bars are tasty

sold.gif
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options

$10 bucks says that OP tries the product anyway.

OP already has a tracking number from UPS
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    I smell troll / salesperson / coach, but

Nononono.gif
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll say it in a different way because maybe you can relate to this.

I used to think the same way. That I couldn't do it, I couldn't lose...I was doomed to have a squishy padding all over me. I used shakes, pills, detoxes etc. I tried using MFP and didn't see results right away and my first though was to try something drastic to "kick-start" my weight loss. You are not the only one who's felt this way. It took reading the straight-forward, no-nonsense posts by the people who have had success here to finally switch the light on. I'm NOT so unique ( in that sense)

Please understand that these peeps know what they're talking about. A deficit WORKS and can be maintained. You will get used to eating this way and you will LOSE, my friend - I promise.

It took a few weeks for the pounds to start dropping, for me to get comfortable with honestly logging and to make food choices that fill me up but don't throw me too far ahead calorie-wise.

My advice, I've done the isagenix and slim fast. Neither really do anything that you can't do yourself :flowerforyou:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your comments. I've read all the articles about cleanse and no cleanse. I don't need to read more. What I want to know is have you tried it?
    I don't need to try poking a rabid raccoon in the wiggly bits to know that it's a bad idea, either.

Way to go, Trog.....

User Deactivated.

grumpymamabear has deactivated their account.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your comments. I've read all the articles about cleanse and no cleanse. I don't need to read more. What I want to know is have you tried it?
    I don't need to try poking a rabid raccoon in the wiggly bits to know that it's a bad idea, either.

Way to go, Trog.....

User Deactivated.

grumpymamabear has deactivated their account.
    k6sAKqj.gif
  • tiffanyvannoy
    tiffanyvannoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day cleanse. I liked it. And I do feel better :) I continued with the shakes and Ionix Supreme afterward. Hope this is helpful
  • darkmstf
    darkmstf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The 9 day system is what I actually started with last year. 5 days in and I was ordering a 30 day system. It worked for ME. I am still using the products a year later for maintenance (I lost the 25 lbs. I was looking to dump). 9 day is ROUGH THO. It's really made more for those who only need to shed 10 lbs. or so and are motivated. If you have more than that to lose, then you want to go with a 30 day system.
  • bblackmon3
    bblackmon3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Isagenix, and honestly I love it. My friends introduced me to it a few years ago, and I purchased the 30 day system. Unfortunately, someone broke into my car and stole everything, and I couldn't afford to buy it all again. I suffered several severe injuries that prevented me from exercising, and gained a lot of weight. I ended up weighing almost 200 lbs. Being an athlete my entire life made it even more upsetting. Back in February, they approached me again, and so I sat down and did the research. The thing that people don't understand is that when the program was designed, it was done so purely for health benefits. John Anderson was bit by a brown recluse and underwent 9 surgeries. He is a master formulator, and has formulated numerous products for numerous companies. This one, he came up with in an attempt to reverse the effects the poisons had had on his body. This is how it works: Your body is toxic. Everyone's is. No matter how clean you eat, because of how nutritionally bankrupt our food is, it is impossible to get everything you need from our food. Because of all of the toxins in our system, our bodies are constantly in an acidic state. What Isagenix does, is work at a cellular level to remove the toxins so that your body can become alkalized. Once you are alkalized, it is absolutely amazing what your body can do. It can literally start to heal itself. One benefit of nutritional cleansing is that you WILL lose weight, and I'm talking about fat, not lean muscle. A lot of people don't understand how or why we gain weight. Your body is made of 70-100 TRILLION cells. Every toxin gets absorbed by a cell, surrounded with fat, water, and mucous, and stuffed to the side. That is your bodies way of protecting itself. This is why traditional "dieting", clean eating, and exercise fail to keep the weight off. None of them address the source. As I said before, this system works at a cellular level to release the toxins back into your bloodstream so that your body can metabolize and excrete them through urine, sweat, etc. Once the toxins are gone, the source of fat storage is gone. Now that I have explained that, here is my story. I'll try to keep it short since I know this is already long. I started clean eating at the beginning of the year and dropped a little of the weight, but it was like a yo-yo. On February 17 of this year I started with the 30-day system. In my first 11 days I was down 12.6 inches, and 10.5 lbs. To date, I have lost 57 lbs. and still going. Also, this may be a bit TMI, but I have never had a regular menstrual cycle, but my period went from 2 weeks and very heavy to 3-4 days and significantly lighter. I also noticed that I was having fewer asthma related problems. I did the 9 day system at the beginning of Sept., because I was going on a trip and wanted to lose a few more pounds. I lost 11! Two big issues that people have are the taste of the products, and they feel "sick". Some of the products take a little getting used to, but you can play around with them to make them better. Also, once you start cleansing you will notice a change in your taste. Some of the products I didn't like before, I crave now. There are none that I don't like anymore. As for the sick feeling, that comes with cleansing. Every time you get sick, your body those toxins too, so naturally, when you release them, there is a good chance you will feel some of those symptoms. Well, I epically failed at keeping this short, but I hope this answered your questions. If you have anymore, let me know!