New kid on the block

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
I have a long way to go. I've been extremely lazy for past 2 years since I was diagnosed and treated for Breast cancer. I need some help in a BEGINNERS workout video that's fun and that I can do at home. I have little strength in my arms from Lymph node removal with the cancer so it needs to be a slow start.

Replies

• chrissyh
    Options
    I have a long way to go. I've been extremely lazy for past 2 years since I was diagnosed and treated for Breast cancer. I need some help in a BEGINNERS workout video that's fun and that I can do at home. I have little strength in my arms from Lymph node removal with the cancer so it needs to be a slow start.
  • mandanroger08
    Options
    welcome. if i think of any ideas for you i will let you know. i would start with walking daily. and some strength training that doesnt' involve using the arms like crunches, squats and lunges. strength training will help you build more muscle which in return will help you burn calories more effeiciently.if you ever need to talk feel free to send me a message. i've only been here since last monday so i'm sorta new too. good luck with everything.
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    welcome "new kid on the block" for a second :blushing: I had a random flash back of Jon, Jordan, Joey, donnie and danny.

As for exercises and a possible start; my friends mom uses the red machine, the one you sit on and just turn your body back and forth. You can do that while watching tv.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Hi there and Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I found Yoga ( beginners) was good for me - until I could work up to more

Plus it's supposed to relax you
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    welcome "new kid on the block" for a second :blushing: I had a random flash back of Jon, Jordan, Joey, donnie and danny.

HANGIN' TOUGH! *giggle*

Welcome, "new kid!" We're glad to have you here and are all here to help! Just be sure to take it STEP BY STEP (see what I did there?)

:heart:
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    Welcome to you. I have found pilates is something that can really help you i love it and it is very relaxing too also if your arms get tired you can just use the other parts of your body and relax your arms Good luck to you and we are here for you
  • bloom200
    Options
    I am sure you will do great! I am just starting back after a summer away! This is a great site it will help!
  • MEREDITH430
    MEREDITH430 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HELLO, I'M JUST STARTING TOO...
    GOOD LUCK!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    My mother used to swim all the time and my father does water aerobics. Congrats on beating the cancer. I hope everything stays healthy for you in the future.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great site!:happy:
  • pamelawilliams
    Options
    Hi and Welcome.

One of the best forms of exercise is walking. A really good exercise tape is Leslie Sansone walk at home tapes. They come in 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 mile tapes. Start with the 15 minute one mile tape and keep moving. Also look into buying a cheap pedometer and walk your way up to 10,000 steps per day. Good luck on your weight loss journey. :smile:

85625.png
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!:flowerforyou:

(Although the title made me think of the newly back in the limelight band, and I was hoping we could all get together and trash them. While their radio play songs are catchy for sure, the performance they did on the Today Show a few months back was like nails on a chalk board! They STINK and I dislike bands that are only "studio quality" and "performance stink".)
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Good luck - I'm sure you will be very successful! You are a strong woman to go through breast cancer, so you can handle this for sure!!!

Some cardio is always good, and some light weights for your upper body could work. I agree with others that yoga and pilates might also be a good place to start.

Let us know how you make out and share your success.
    Good luck!
    Amanda
    :flowerforyou:
  • Erica92627
    Options

HANGIN' TOUGH! *giggle*

Welcome, "new kid!" We're glad to have you here and are all here to help! Just be sure to take it STEP BY STEP (see what I did there?)

lol I was totally going to do that. But you know, it's SUMMER TIME, and I'm just CLICK CLICK CLICK(new song) away while eating my Popsicle (not really). So on that... WATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT? I say play GAMES such as dance dance revolution or Wii. Just be sure to HOLD ON to your remotes don't want to throw it through your tv! Now anyone can jump in and tell me to STOP IT GIRL!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Wii Fit thing?
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options

HANGIN' TOUGH! *giggle*

lol I was totally going to do that. But you know, it's SUMMER TIME, and I'm just CLICK CLICK CLICK(new song) away while eating my Popsicle (not really). So on that... WATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT? I say play GAMES such as dance dance revolution or Wii. Just be sure to HOLD ON to your remotes don't want to throw it through your tv! Now anyone can jump in and tell me to STOP IT GIRL!

LOL!

I'm not up on their new stuff, but that post just totally made me laugh out loud here at the front desk of this quiet little office... haha
  • Erica92627
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Wii Fit thing?

i have one, it is so much fun. For sure a leg work out. You end up doing squats and stuff . You'll feel it the next morning.

You can choose your own personal trainer. Male or female. I haven't tried the male because I think it might work me harder?

89 dollars well spent. Even though it is pricey. Until it goes down in price but that wont happen for awhile.
  • Erica92627
    Options

HANGIN' TOUGH! *giggle*

\

LOL!

I'm not up on their new stuff, but that post just totally made me laugh out loud here at the front desk of this quiet little office... haha

Glad I got someone laughing. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm more into their older stuff myself, but those two songs Summer time and click. are new.
    Watching old you tube videos is like watching them for the first time again. awww. :heart: joey.. :heart:
  • MEREDITH430
    MEREDITH430 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hp your still doing great.
    i absolutely love this website, so easy to use.
    have a great holiday weekend.
    meredith
  • cre13
    cre13 Posts: 68
    Options
    gf.jpg

You'll love this site!! We're glad to have you!!
    :heart: Chirleen