Exercise at home

Recently I've not been able to go to the gym because the school gym has been closed for a while. So instead I workout at home, I usually do fitnessblender workouts or 30DS but recently I'm finding them very boring and I find it hard to even do more than 10 minutes without losing motivation.
Any tips or advice?

PS: To add, I'm finding it extremely hard to lose weight, and I haven't lost weight in the last 6-8 weeks, even eating healthily

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    I'm finding it extremely hard to lose weight, and I haven't lost weight in the last 6-8 weeks, even eating healthily
    Are you counting calories and eating at a calorie deficit? "Eating healthy" is meaningless if you're eating too many calories.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    First, there's a difference between eating healthy and eating at a deficit. It's possible to eat 'healthy' foods and not lose weight. Calories in-calories out.

As for workouts, google some bodyweight HIIT routines. They're short, sweet, and intense. Jumping rope is great as well.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    If you want to do DVDS get some new ones so you won't get bored. I can't do the same dvd more than a few times a month, once I know the workout by heart I'm over it.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    And to help you get started/feel inspired, check out this lady's post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1428309-what-can-calisthenics-do-for-you-let-me-show-you
  • Meldee17
    Meldee17 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm finding it extremely hard to lose weight, and I haven't lost weight in the last 6-8 weeks, even eating healthily
    Are you counting calories and eating at a calorie deficit? "Eating healthy" is meaningless if you're eating too many calories.

I have been eating at a calorie deficit of about 400-500 but no weight is coming off.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member

I have been eating at a calorie deficit of about 400-500 but no weight is coming off.

How long has it been since you lost weight? over 6 weeks you need to look at your logging...are you using a food scale?

As for the exercise try nerdfitness or you are your own gym...
  • I'm doing the 21 Day Fix right now! And love it!
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    There are a lot of really good DVD's out there.

I am in the middle of P90X3 and am really enjoying it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    If you want to do DVDS get some new ones so you won't get bored. I can't do the same dvd more than a few times a month, once I know the workout by heart I'm over it.

This^

I had a Netflix (by mail) subscription for this purpose. I got a new workout every week. This helped me figure out my likes & equally as important, my dislikes.

Now I have several DVDs that I rotate. Every once in awhile I get a new one.

These sites give video clips & reviews. It makes it a bit easier to figure out what you're getting

www.totalfitnessdvds.com

www.collagevideo.com

Check your local library too - they should have some DVDs.
  • Uh, go to Google.com

Search "Free Online Workout Videos"

They'll probably recommend: YouTube, SparkPeople or a variety of free apps on smartphones.

OR

Check out the local library, Goodwill, etc.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Recently I've not been able to go to the gym because the school gym has been closed for a while. So instead I workout at home, I usually do fitnessblender workouts or 30DS but recently I'm finding them very boring and I find it hard to even do more than 10 minutes without losing motivation.
    Any tips or advice?

PS: To add, I'm finding it extremely hard to lose weight, and I haven't lost weight in the last 6-8 weeks, even eating healthily

Working out is for fitness. Eating at a calorie deficit is for weight loss. Weigh everything solid you eat and count all your calories. Make sure you are maintaining the deficit you need to in order to lose weight. Eating 'healthy' as you call it probably means eating veggies and fruits and not chips/cookies etc? You can still eat too many calories easily that way.

Oh, and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • Josh_2099
    Josh_2099 Posts: 2,073 Member
    One thing I like is the playing card workout. All you need is a deck of cards.

It changes each time and you can change the workouts. For example for every heart you do a push-up for that number / face cards = 10. Spades = sit-ups, Diamonds = squats, clubs = jumping jacks. It's been a fun workout with no weights since it's all body weight. Each time I do it, I change one or two of the exercises.

Flip the card after each exercise until you finish the deck.
  • Meldee17
    Meldee17 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks everybody for the good ideas :)
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member

It changes each time and you can change the workouts. For example for every heart you do a push-up for that number / face cards = 10. Spades = sit-ups, Diamonds = squats, clubs = jumping jacks. It's been a fun workout with no weights since it's all body weight. Each time I do it, I change one or two of the exercises.

Last time I did that, I drew the Ace of Spades for 25 burpees. It was not a fun morning.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member

Whoa nelly! This...may... squeak it's way into a plan somewhere........
  • Look for an aerobic step for step aerobics, a jump rope, fitness blender is good too, if you have a bike I would say to ride that, that's a good calorie burner. But there are taebo, kickboxing, zumba, weight training workouts on youtube,etc. Step is fun too.