really need support

Options
Hi everyone! I'm really needing some support! I have about 95 pounds lose, and I keep getting frustrated, losing my motivation and stopping and starting. I really need to follow this through and get healthy! I'm a busy mom to 3 young boys, and my hubby is a workaholic. I live in rural Oregon with no family nearby and no close friends in state, so needless to say, I need some help and support to succeed. I use the app with my phone and update my status regularly, but I feel like i'm talking to nobody. Please help!

Replies

• GogoDri
    Options
    Hi! I just joined today here, you can add me!
  • NoMoreYoYos
    NoMoreYoYos Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you. I also have no family where I live, and very little close friends. We can do this together! Feel free to add me.
  • tracylbrown839
    tracylbrown839 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This is just a personal opinion but I think that when many people are starting out they try to do too much too fast and it is too difficult to maintain.

So, one of the big keys, I think, is to make changes slowly in your life. For example, set your goal to lose only 1 pound or even 1/2 a pound per week. Then, go for a 10 minute walk, 5 days a week. 10 minutes is do-able. Just go out your front door, walk 5 minutes away from your house, at a leisurely pace, and walk 5 minutes back. That's it. But really do it. 5 days in a row, or 3 days, then a day without, and then 3 days again.

Changing your weight requires changing your habits and the real truth is habits are difficult to change. This requires really conscious effort over a long period of time.

So, having a very reasonable budget, which it is possible to stick to without feeling hungry or denied, coupled with a modest increase in activity, does get you further than you think, and these changes really do add up over time! Seriously, they do!

10 minutes - 6 days a week is an hour of physical activity. Think about that over the course of a whole year!
    Similarly, if you drink cola, which is 150 calories a pop, having only 1 per day instead of 2, or having only 1 per day, 3 or 4 days a week, is a huge calorie savings. This also makes a big impact, over time.

So, make positive changes slowly, in little bits, and let the passage of time be your friend. Celebrate all those little steps.

We all want change fast. We all want to see the scales drop.... today. But the real winners are often the people who systematically make little changes that are "do-able" for them, establishing those changes really well, until they are ready to handle yet another small change.

Don't be discouraged. Hope this helps. :)
  • records1138
    Options
    Another example I would throw out there is find ways to enjoy the foods you love without sacrificing your positive attitude. For example, I found out last weekend that it was okay for me to still go to my favorite Mexican restaurant and order my favorite meal. I had to forgo the three flour tortillas they bring with the meal, but was still able to enjoy it quite a lot. Yes, you have to make sacrifices, but most of those sacrifices can be met with a compromise.
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a mom, too and I have over 100lbs to lose. Been at this about a month and a half and am pretty active with my friends here. Feel free to add me!
    :flowerforyou:
  • purplemama28
    purplemama28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :-)