Why can't I lose weight on my breasts??

Options
2»

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I feel ya hun but at that age you may not lose much I lost a good 40 lbs about that age and my cleavage just stayed put. Fast forward 5 years and I just realized I'm not over flowing my bra, 38G, this morning its kinda trippy really.
  • Gallen88
    Gallen88 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I guess being bullied for having this size makes me think of it as "disgusting".
    I know it's not but I've always been told it is, so that's how I see it.

About the back pain, I've done everything possible and it's only getting worse. I've gone to several doctors and physical therapists for over a year with no result at all.

I have to get back to this but i am literally working on it. It's very possible to lose your breast. I TOTALLY understand you. I used to have meltdowns when i went shopping because nothing fit and i was only like 15 at the time. I felt ugly, unattractive, and just sloppy looking.

A few years back, i posted my weight loss story on my blog. Since then i have gained weight back (which is why im back on MFP LOL) but doing chest exercises with weights , Insanity, and running was a TREMENDOUS help. I never felt SO LIGHT IN MY LIFE and it was so freeing. I went from a G to a DD

So be encouraged hun! You just have to build the muscle to shred the fat. Check out my story and i hope it helps you :)http://www.strawberricurls.com/2011/09/07/summer-weight-loss-results-from-180-lbs-to-170-lbs-boobs-be-gone/
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I had double FFs and got a reduction. I got pregnant and they grew back. A year or two ago I lost 30 pounds and nothing came off my chest but If I gain it goes straight to my boobs. I hate that you say they are disgusting. They are part of you and your body. I didn't get a reduction because I was embarrassed of them or thought they were disgusting, I just had really bad back pain. I paid 6000 for mine because of the same thing. The insurance company wanted to make them to small. But if you really want them gone, go for the surgery because if your like me, you wont lose them. Ps.. I graduated HS at 103 pounds with DDs. Some people can be skinny and still have them. I hope things get better for you!
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi Kath,
    Unless your photo is very misleading, you do not look at all busty! What cup size are you? I'm an F and while I know it's big, I don't think it's that big a deal. Are you sure you are really so big? Or is it that you were teased so you are hyper aware of it? The reason I ask is that many people have breast reduction surgery at your age, so the fact that the doctor is saying you're too young may be because s/he knows your breasts are not actually that big and they want you to wait a few years in the hope that you realise that. I'm sorry if I'm completely wrong!

I'm a size 75F/G, I'm not sure it's the same size here, I'm from Denmark.
    One doctor would do it but in order for my insurance to cover it, they HAD to take everything off which only left me with a size A which is a little too small. If I wanted them to take less during surgery I had to pay myself. As a 16 year old (at that time) I did not have that kind of money - still don't.
    to answer your original question, from what i understand breast tissue isn't just your standard, everyday, regular old bodyfat. its composition is different, so even though it's fatty tissue it's not going to respond the same way. this is also why breast size doesn't correlate to how heavy someone is. i've seen tiny women with E cups, and i've seen really heavy women with B cups.

no matter how much i've weighed, in my adult life i've never had less than a D cup, and even that was a little small on me.

since they won't do a breast reduction surgery, what i'd suggest is that you make sure you've got a really good, really well-fitting bra. www.reddit.com/r/abrathatfits has some really amazing resources on determining exactly what size and shape you are, how to properly fit a bra (as in what should be where, etc), and a lot of personal reviews on different brands, models, and sizes. they're what taught me that i'm actually a 40/G or 42/F, not the 42DD i thought i was. while a good bra won't solve all of your problems, it will help with the back pain.

regardless of where you've bought bras before, or who fit you, PLEASE go check out that forum. you'd be amazed at how many people said "well i got fitted by the saleslady" or "i tried this one on and it was comfy and cute", only to realize that they have been wearing the wrong size for years.

ABTF is one of the silliest subreddits I've come across. :grumble: This post on /r/offmychest describes it perfectly. http://www.reddit.com/r/offmychest/comments/1xdriv/rabrathatfits/ God forbid that a busty woman (like myself) would ever buy conventional sizes. It's vanity sizing taken to the extreme.

Edit: Oh, and don't even get me started on how they harass girls on GW...
    silly or not, they offer good resources on how to measure properly, how a bra should fit, how to determine what shape your breasts are, and what you should look for in cup shape and style that will properly handle your shape breast.

if you want to buy conventional sizes, nobody's stopping you... i'm guessing that you're not in pain, but the OP is. while i don't pay much attention to the "does this fit right?" posts, the accompanying links proved to be invaluable, not to mention notification of sales and coupon codes.

and what the hell does r/gonewild have to do with any of this? i'm not suggesting that the OP go browsing reddit for boob pictures all day, i just offered a resource for properly fitting bras.
  • jharlowlives
    jharlowlives Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter your age, I had a reduction at age 16 from a 36G to a 36C.
  • Relentless_0ne
    Options
    I guess being bullied for having this size makes me think of it as "disgusting".

About the back pain, I've done everything possible and it's only getting worse. I've gone to several doctors and physical therapists for over a year with no result at all.

I dont know whats worse. Being "bullied" for endowment or the fact that youve been to several healthcare "professionals" that have taken your $$ but havent been able to help you.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100 pounds and lost band size, but not cup size. I wear a 34G. I have a minimizer that must do wonders because most people say they don't look THAT big. There is no way to hide that they are big though. I have finally embraced this....since turning 40. I still think that a breast reduction may be in my future though.
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Options

That is really really horrible and I am so sorry you've had to go through that. I've gone through something similar-ish. Also I'm transgender, 28, and about to have chest reconstruction surgery to remove all breast tissue, so I know how hard you have to fight for necessary surgery sometimes. (I'm in the UK, so maybe our cases are different in that way.)

Keep bothering surgeons. Get letters of rejection from them all to show how long you've wanted a reduction and that you are not taking this lightly.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Your body will lose fat from wherever it's predisposed to. Sorry. It sucks, I know. I had the exact opposite problem: my boobs shrank to AAs, but my butt and thighs barely budged. :explode: Jerk body!
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Kinda upset at all the people asking "are your breasts *really* that big?" and saying "you don't need surgery, you need therapy!"

(Okay so maybe people don't use those exact words, but that's what's being said.)

If the OP says they're suffering due to the size of their breasts, and they hate them, let's not assume they're deluded, yes?
  • PeaceLoveTrees
    PeaceLoveTrees Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I feel you girl. I feel like a clown sometimes with how big my boobs are (I've compared them to having clown feet) and I don't even think mine are as big as yours. Yes, of course we all need to work on loving ourselves but when so many people won't focus on the rest of you it gets really hard. I'm sure there are some women on this thread that understand that too. If you have the courage, call people out on it. Tell people to stop staring because they're being rude, or respond the same way to mean questions or comments. People don't like being called out and if it's the same people bothering you, they will most likely stop when you confront them.

Anyway, I've read that everyone says it's genetic and whatnot, but I've lost some boobage (not an entire cup but I was getting there) doing strength training. Focusing on my chest, shoulders, arm, and back muscles I was able to lose not only band inches but bust inches. It's worth a shot. I also think having stronger muscles in this area might help alleviate some back pain because your body will be better equipped to handle your size. You might also try seeing a chiropractor for the back pain, a simple adjustment might make a world of a difference for you too (it did for me!).

Good luck!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi Kath,
    Unless your photo is very misleading, you do not look at all busty! What cup size are you? I'm an F and while I know it's big, I don't think it's that big a deal. Are you sure you are really so big? Or is it that you were teased so you are hyper aware of it? The reason I ask is that many people have breast reduction surgery at your age, so the fact that the doctor is saying you're too young may be because s/he knows your breasts are not actually that big and they want you to wait a few years in the hope that you realise that. I'm sorry if I'm completely wrong!

I'm a size 75F/G, I'm not sure it's the same size here, I'm from Denmark.
    One doctor would do it but in order for my insurance to cover it, they HAD to take everything off which only left me with a size A which is a little too small. If I wanted them to take less during surgery I had to pay myself. As a 16 year old (at that time) I did not have that kind of money - still don't.

I have never heard of anything like this. They have to take you down to an A?? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Maybe you should get a second opinion...I had one and it was one one of the best decisions I ever made:) Good luck!!
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of anything like this. They have to take you down to an A?? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Maybe you should get a second opinion...I had one and it was one one of the best decisions I ever made:) Good luck!!
    [/quote]

To get a reduction with insurance its supposed to be for a medical reason, like back pain or neck pain. So when I was going to file it thru my insurance they told me that I had to go down to a small C to get it thru the insurance. They want them small so the back pain or whatever the reason is will go away. I paid 6000 to get it to a D and I regret it. I should of went smaller.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

You need to keep going to doctors then because you should not have to live with the pain. Make sure your files are well documented too.

I know someone whose breast size caused her back pain when she was a late teen and, with her parents' consent, she had breast reduction surgery. I know it took her back pain away. Hers were quite large on a tiny frame.
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Where you lose weight is largely genetics. I can't ever seem to lose weight in my thighs (pear). Surgery or minimizing bras are your only options.

What you eat has nothing to do with it either.
    I lose weight in my legs and boobs and dont gain in my butt. But the stomach loves to hold and get fat... i guess we cant win them all
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    On your profile you indicate that you only have 11 lbs to lose so this type of weight loss will not make much difference. It also will not be a good idea to become severely underweight to reduce your breast size. The are many women that are at a very healthy weight and are still busty. A specific type of work out or diet will not reduce breast size compared to another program. However, as a fellow busty girl I can attest to the fact that good posture, weight lifting and core work do wonders for reducing/eliminating back pain.

I am a bit concerned that you refer to your bust as 'disgusting" and feel you have to defend yourself by saying that you eat healthy and exercise (as of you have to do something terribly wrong to have your body type). If you are at a healthy weight this is just your natural shape and shouldn't be considered any differently than being tall or having blue eyes. At 21 you will probably have no problem getting surgery in a few years if you still truly want it, but do try a little self-acceptance in the meantime. Being busty does have some perks (pun attended).

Great advice.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I gained cup sizes when I lost weight because more of it came off the band.

But OP, getting a really good sports bra that fits has made a world of difference. (For the record, my bra size converts to your size as either 75H or 70I -- depending on brand which one fits better). With a good, properly fitting bra, I can run and even do jumping jacks without feeling pain in my chest and back. It is amazing and the only thing I regret is that I did not spend the money sooner.