Need to lose 20 pounds by March 7th (5 weeks)

Options
Yes, I know a lot of people are going to say "the healthy amount of weight to lose in one weeks is 1-2 pounds." I KNOW, i've heard it over and over and over again.
But, softball season is starting. The uniforms we have are women's sizes and they only go up to XL womens. I can fit into an XL womens, but its a little snug & i feel really self concious in them & it causes me not to play as well.
so i reallllly want to lose 20 pounds by March 7th!

Any tips!?

Oh & also, I'm a pitcher, so since the uniform is snug, it tends to ride up because im moving so much...ahhhh /:
I'll let you all know how my progress is going ! Thank you so much (:

Replies

• spunky_spit_fire
    spunky_spit_fire Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am watching for replys also :-) hehehehehe
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in reach for the Moon and if you miss you will be among the stars, GO FOR IT!!!
  • Monicamarkt
    Monicamarkt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Record your food, be strict, smaller portions of anything fatty or a craving. No night time eating, double workouts, light strength trainig coupled with cardio and boot camps. Good luck! I don't think it will be a problem if you are really serious. You know if you are not doing the best you can, we don't.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Just for a uniform? Go get it baby! Achieve your goal...best wishes...! xo
  • lchalmers
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in reach for the Moon and if you miss you will be among the stars, GO FOR IT!!!

Thank you! That means a lot :)
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Good eating, exercise and lots of water. And get out a tape measure and take your measurements. You might be surprised to see you don't necessarily need to lose 20 lbs to fit into that uniform more comfortably; sometimes inches disappear faster than the lbs. I've lost 20 lbs (in nearly 3 months though) but I've lost a total of 22 inches so it's a huge difference in how things fit :bigsmile: .

Best of luck and that's GREAT you're going to be playing softball!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hard to know what to say without knowing your habits.... ie: if you drink alcohol, stop! Eat more veggies! And Keep Trying! If you don't make it all the way to 20 but hit 15, how bad would that be?
    Just don't STARVE yourself!
  • patinaragazza
    patinaragazza Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Start by trying to lose 12 lbs by march, then you can lose the other 8 duringthe first 3 weeks of your season! But for now if you drink coffee try replacing it with green tea, drink lots of water. Good luck and have a lot of fun with softball!

3240543.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 9lbs so far but I've lost 2 inches around my waist and a couple more around my hips. Workout everyday! It'll help tone up :)
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I think that if you really hit it in your workouts and watch what you eat you can reach your goal of fitting into the softball uniform. You may not need to lose the actual full 20 pounds but to focus on reshaping your body.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am going to be a downer here, but my advice is to stick to the 1-2 pound goal. In five weeks, you'll be 5-10 pounds closer to your end goal, and your uniform will definitely be less snug. More importantly, you will be further along your way to developing life long eating and exercise habits that will help you acheive success in reaching your FINAL goal. Just my opinion....:laugh:
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I understand how you feel and why you want to lose the weight and quick. But 20 lbs is alot of weight to lose in 5 weeks.... even on a crash diet I don't know how possible it is....and how healthy....watch what you eat, drink lots of water and exercise and the weight will come off in a healthy way and stay off.... if you go too crazy you are just going to starve yourself and feel crappy just to gain it all back when you start eating normally.... I was you not too long ago....but I realized that it took time to put on the weight and it is going to take time to take it off. Weight loss is hard work and pretty much a lifestyle change.... Good luck !
  • Ogre77497
    Options
    I'm new here, and this may not be "politically correct", but my expertise is GAINING weight, but here's how I'd try to do this...

1200-1400 calories a day, high in protein and low in carbs
    45-50 minutes (or more) cardio at least 5 times a week
    and, lots and LOTS of water.

On medifast I managed to go from 282 pounds down to 201 points in less than 4 months. The only discomfort was in the first 2 weeks. And since, like a jerk, I've managed to climb back up to 262 (but it did take me 2 years).

Less than 1200 calories, your body will think it's starving, and slow down your metabolism. The water is like the "fuel" for burning the fat. If you don't drink enough water, the fat can't "burn". I like about a gallon over the course of a day. A glass here and a glass there adds up.

Good luck. That is an attainable goal.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    how about you try to lose as much as you can the "healthy" way and then wear "shapewear" under your uniform. that would trim some inches. :bigsmile:
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    If a uniform is your goal--watch your inches not the pounds! Exercise, exercise, exercise (you'll be in great shape to play in that uniform) and fuel that body with good food. Take your measurements each week.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    20 pounds by March doesnt sound so bad as the 40 I want to lose by my cruise in March!!! lol....now I know 40 will never in a million years happen but I keep hoping!!
  • bobdubya
    Options
    consume appx 1200 cals a day and exercise for 2 hours (min) in 5 weeks you WILL be 20 lbs lighter. Note: there can be no off days. It would take several days to return to the same losing mode there by giving up the 3-4 lbs you WOULD have lost in the week you took ONE day off.. Good LUCK.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's really not that bad. Make the absolute best healthy food choices when you eat. Just don't go under your initial set calorie goal for the day. I do agree with some hardcore intense workout sessions which is where the calorie deficit will be coming from.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think you should stick to a plan you can stick with and see what happens. Any sort of crash diet wouldn't be advised.
    Good luck with your goals and with pitching and softball!
  • meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    it's not necessarily just about the numbers on the scale! I think if you workout everyday with cardio and strengthening exercises, you will shrink and slip easily into your uniform. you can do it! just don't push yourself too hard, you gotta listen to your body. but more importantly....congrats on being on a softball team! what a fun way to keep active :) good luck!