Anyone knowledgable about Intermittant Fasting?

Options
Okay so I went here for my TDEE: http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

I am wondering if it's just a glitch that, with a 15 day cycle starting at 1700 calories on a rest day, 2200 on workout days, working out 5 days per cycle it will take me a year and a half to lose 100lbs, but if I don't put in ANY workout days at all, it says I will lose 100lbs by New Years. Adding even one workout to a cycle tacks on a lot of time!

Please help me understand this website! And how I can customize MFP!

Replies

• LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Personally I can't help, as I don't do IF, but there are a lot of people on MFP that do. I think your best bet for finding advice on the subject is to search for 'intermittent fasting' in the groups tab - just did that and there are a lot of groups on the subject so hopefully you can find some help in one/some of them!
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i do IF but i do not alternate calories based on days. i do the same every day. i fast 18 hours per day and eat 6 hours per day.
    i am not really familiar with that website, so perhaps someone else can help you.

i personally keep within my calories every day, regardless of whether or not i work-out. (i work-out 4 days per week)
    i eat my last calorie at 6:00 p.m. then do not eat again until noon the following day. i work-out fasted (except for BCAA i take directly before working-out) then follow my work-out with my first meal.

HTH and good luck :flowerforyou:
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    What is BCAA?
  • La5Vega5Girl
    Options
    What is BCAA?

branched chain amino acids. just a little boost before i work-out since i do not eat before i go to the gym, and i eat a ketogenic diet, so i consume very little carbs.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I eat between 12pm and 6pm. It works for me, I'm not hungry in the mornings because I eat protein and fat, almost no carbs.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    Options
    I eat between 12pm and 6pm. It works for me, I'm not hungry in the mornings because I eat protein and fat, almost no carbs.

me, too! :tongue:
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Is Google my friend in this instance? What is good about fasting 18hrs per day?
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Mostly its just an easier way to restrict calories by keeping them with in a certain window of time. I'm not a morning eater, I accepted this a long time ago as in close to 15 years ago, eating in the morning just makes me hungry and cranky. So I don't eat though I'm not adverse to drinking some calories, this is my compromise for dealing with motion sickness, so I eat my first actual meal at around noon 1 o'clock despite the fact that I've been up and moving since around 6 am then around 8-9 I eat my last meal. This allows me to still enjoy the big home made meals I enjoy and keeps coworkers, classmates, and friends from having to dodge the attitude that results from the hungry. If you're gonna google read just about everything you can find on the first 2-3 pages there is good and bad to be aware of with it, as well as multiple forms of IF.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    IF is a tool to create a deficit.

If it fits your schedule it can work well.

If you like to graze then it obviously won't. And I do not recommend it to anyone with ED tendencies.

The IF calculator is just using the maths. It cannot predict weight loss accurately. Fluctuations happen.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    On a side note for just tdee these two seem to be easier to understand.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    http://www.weightloss-calculator.net/