Coffee and tea?

Options
Memowe
Memowe Posts: 137 Member
Hello, today while making cold brewed coffee I wondered, does black coffee and hot tea have any calories? What about vanilla extract? Also what is everyone's favorite morning drinks?

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hello, today while making cold brewed coffee I wondered, does black coffee and hot tea have any calories? What about vanilla extract? Also what is everyone's favorite morning drinks?
    Depending on how strong it is, black coffee has between 2 - 5 calories per cup, generally speaking. Unsweetened tea also has less than 5 calories, assuming you're not drinking by the gallon. Vanilla extract is roughly 38 calories a teaspoon.

My general morning drink is a quad Americano with whipped cream, for roughly 89 calories. I consider them necessary calories, and make them fit.
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I take in coffee with Creamer in the morning. about 80 calories total. I make it work.
  • Memowe
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I like cold brewed coffee with 8 oz of 1% milk with a drop of vanilla extract!
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I live in the PNW part of the US and coffee is something I drink frequently throughout the day since it's kinda part of the culture here...so I think it's nessesary to log. My regular evening cup of black tea has no calories in it, but when I have senna tea I log it since it contains 2 calories each. I think if you have more than one cup a day it's beneficial to log it.
  • camilliar84
    camilliar84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have coffee with skim milk or almond milk (unsweetened) and I sprinkle some cinnamon, has great health benefits and controls blood sugar :)

I enjoy green/black tea throughout the day.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I take two cups of coffee in the morning, each with one packet of sweet'n'low, and 1/2 cup of skim milk in each. When I was losing weight I used almond milk, but I really prefer to just buy one milk that the whole family can drink.
  • Memowe
    Options
    Does the cinnamon float on top or does it incorporate into the rest of your coffee?
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon usually floats on top or sometimes clumps up and sinks to the bottom if I sprinkle too much. When I make coffee at home in my espresso pot, sometimes I throw some cinammon, turmeric, or tea masala in there. That way none of the powder makes it to my cup of coffee. I usually have 1 tablespoon of half and half and a teeny bit of sugar or preferably maple syrup to sweeten.