165 pounds to lose.. that number seems impossible.. YIKES

Options
2»

Replies

• afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My number is around that, little less, but I didn't set my tracker for it, as it would extremly discourage me.
    The first tracker, I set on 20kg less, once reached, I set it to the loss to be in kg underland (uhu = under hundred)
    Once reached, I probably set it on 10kg to lose and then another and another....
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    great attitude!!! you can do it !!
  • thetanyacam
    thetanyacam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great mind set! You go this!!!
  • janelavalley
    janelavalley Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've got about the same and I'm putting my goals in 10 pounds at a time. I seem to see the end of the tunnel that way and then I go on to the next 10 pounds. This is working for me right now and I'm trying to do this slowly so the weight will stay off. So there's a lot of us out here. Your not alone.
  • jenversuslife
    jenversuslife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have/had around 30kg to lose which seems mental, so I've broken it down and in reality I just want to lose around 3.5kg a month until May which is definitely achievable!

I just take every day as it comes. I feel achieved hitting "Complete entry" each day, so then I do it the next and then the next!

Practice does not make perfect, but it does make permanent!
  • 1992mittens13
    1992mittens13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, who has commented and liked this post!
    I was just writing what was on my mind, and throwing some more motivation out there!

I've been on this journey for years.
    Starting and stopping, losing and gaining.
    Starving myself as a young teen, then gaining 100 pounds when I stopped caring what people thought of me..

I have had my own long road, and have an even longer road ahead of me.

But I do believe that as long as we all support each other, it will get easier and we can all succeed.
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. It is a great reminder that the only way we do not succeed is to quit.

You rock!
  • SabresFan19
    SabresFan19 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I needed to see that! I've got about the same to lose
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I started out with 180 to lose. But I STARTED. And haven't QUIT.

:-)

When people ask me, that's what I tell them my weight loss "secret" is. Not quitting.

That's a great weight loss secret....

That is one of the most important weight loss secrets. Never ever quit.