Are Protein Bars that good?

Options
I admit it I have a very big sweet tooth and I crave a chocolate hit. So I have had a look at some Protien bars and have tried a couple of them. They taste unreal for a sweet hit and nutritionally low in cals, low carb low sugar so my question surely they are to good to be true?

Replies

• kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    take a look at Quest Bars.
    they're high protein, no added sugar, one of the cleanest protein bars out there.
    I eat them almost every day, they have a lot of fiber, so they're low carb as well.
    and they're DELICIOUS. cookies and cream and chocolate chip cookie dough are my go to.

http://www.questnutrition.com/
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Life Choice is probably the best for me.

When compared to quest which is also a very good choice.

It generally is less calories, more protein, less carbs, more sugar, less fiber which works for my diet & they taste awesome!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I second Quest bars! They are so good. The chocolate chip cookie dough, cookies n' cream, and white chocolate raspberry are my favorites.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    quest bars are the bomb
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Alot of people on here will tell you no, they're not good for you, they're full of chemicals, they stall weightloss, etc.

I have an Atkins or Quest bar most nights. Why? Because my OH sits there and eats a whole bag of cashews or lollies, and, well, I'm no saint. I can't say no night after night after night. Last night I had run out of protein bars (I keep a box of them in the bedroom), and I wanted to eat everything in sight. So for me, they work well. Especially when you eat low carb.

As for the chemicals, well ... pretty sure it's no worse than alot of the other crap people eat. The same ones that think Atkins bars are bad will defend their right to eat McDonalds and Icecream as long as it's "within their cals".

Protein bars are a good way to up your protein and stave off hunger, and if it gives you that sweet hit you need without loading your body with sugar, great.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I get the Fiber One PB one. I eat it for the fiber and figure some extra protein is always good for me.

I don't get chocolate bars these days, so the fake chocolate is better than nothing...but it's not as good as Hershey or Ghirardelli or anything. They're a pretty yummy treat, IMO. :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I eat protein bars when I want the extra protein. Personally, they never replace my sweet tooth cravings, so I have regular chocolate for that.

I like Dale's Raw Protein Bars. I can't handle any whey proteins, so Dale's works for me. Natural ingredients, high protein, and decent fiber content. I wait until they have a coupon code so I can get them at a good price.

http://www.dalesrawfoods.com/
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love the Pure Protein Bars. Double Chocolate is my favorite! 20 grams protein and only 2 grams of sugar.. less t han half the price of the Qwest Bars that are super good as well!!!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I nuke a Cookie Dough Quest bar in the microwave for 20 secs and it really hits my sweet tooth! Gooey and delicious.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love the Pure Protein Bars. Double Chocolate is my favorite! 20 grams protein and only 2 grams of sugar.. less t han half the price of the Qwest Bars that are super good as well!!!

+1!

Get a box of 6 at Walmart for like $7.