Slim Fast Shakes??

Options
I'm going to an event next month and would like to drop at least 20lbs. I know Slim Fast is not the answer for long term weightloss, but it seems like a solution for a quicker way to go. Anyone doing the slimfast shakes?

Replies

• Natashalou15
    Natashalou15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the slimfast shakes BUT I have tried Celebrity Slim shakes...Its a total meal replacement and I tried the 2 week intense programme.

The shakes are nice but you can have 4 shakes a day AND THATS IT!! No snacks whatsoever, no alcohol and you must work out for at least 30 mins every day!

Needless to say I didn't stick out the whole 2 weeks, it was just too hard BUT in that 1 week I lost 5lbs!! Problem is once you start eating again the weight goes straight back on!

They didn't fill me either like it says they should so I was very hungry!

I would suggest if you really want to lose weight fast for an event then definitely give it a go as the shake diets DO work however be prepared to put the weight back on when your done and even using the 2 shakes / 1 meal option is going to leave you hungry till you can get passed the first week at least!

Hope this helps a little and good luck :smile:
  • AceCC86
    AceCC86 Posts: 71
    Options
    20 pounds in 1 month is absolutely crazy. Keep in mind you'll be messing with your body and nutrition just to look good for one day. Do the best you can with healthy eating. Even if you only lose 5 pounds your body will thank you.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Oh my, this doesn't sound very healthy at all. And once you stop things will probably go downhill from there. Not to be a downer but it happens all the time.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    ahhhh nope ... I'd miss chewing solid food too much. LOL :love:

Also as previous posters have mentioned, trying to lose 20 lbs in one month seems like a little unrealistic since the recommended weight loss per week is 1-2 lbs ( x 4 wks = 4 - 8 lbs).

In the long run crash diets like this may overall negatively impact the metabolism and THAT is never an easy thing to correct.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    How many threads are you going to start about this? The answer will be no learn to eat at a reasonable deficit and stop looking for quick fixes because you waited too long to start. 20 lbs in a month is not realistic or safe.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I heard posting multiple times increases odds of rainbows. ..

However, doesn't make the idea of dropping 20 lbs in a month any less dumb.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in a month isn't realistic unless you're lopping off body parts.

And Slim Fast shakes? Prepare for horrible gastrointestinal effects.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    How many threads are you going to start about this? The answer will be no learn to eat at a reasonable deficit and stop looking for quick fixes because you waited too long to start. 20 lbs in a month is not realistic or safe.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOCUersUpTnCu_d5YuXNk7gtxbv52uqjB_nrQ_c65dHWtsW2MnCnlJy2A

Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1346163-change-your-mindset

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1217573-so-you-want-to-start-running

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

TL:DR the link right above this one then ->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Excuses??? http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/06/02/the-no-excuses-play-like-a-champion-challenge/

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Want to lift heavy things?
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Stronglifts Summary
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

Stronglifts Womens Group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • FitnessCharl
    Options
    Everyone's different, so if it is something you want to do then go for it...

Be prepared though, I did the Cambridge weight plan (twice), although I lost shed loads of weight I put every single pound and then some back on.
    It's tough to do a complete meal replacement as well, you do feel quite isolated so clear your calendar because the socials go out the window :smile:

SlimFast have the highest sugar content of all of them so you may be best going for a more reputable balanced plan.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

Be prepared though, I did the Cambridge weight plan (twice), although I lost shed loads of weight I put every single pound and then some back on.
    It's tough to do a complete meal replacement as well, you do feel quite isolated so clear your calendar because the socials go out the window :smile:

SlimFast have the highest sugar content of all of them so you may be best going for a more reputable balanced plan.

So if I said I want to lose 20lbs by this weekend, I'm going to cut off my arm .. would you say just go for it???
  • FitnessCharl
    Options

So if I said I want to lose 20lbs by this weekend, I'm going to cut off my arm .. would you say just go for it???

I am not on here to debate with someone whio is going to take what you say, exaggerate it to a ridiculous level and then try to challenge you on it. I am just trying to add something a little bit more productive to the conversation.
  • QueenZomBri
    Options
    I've been using slimfast shakes as well as special k protein shakes and the equate shakes. My schedule is ridiculous since I go to school full time and work also so I thought this would be better or me. I've been doing it for a little over a week and have already lost five pounds from it. I just recommend being extremely careful. Even though I use the shakes for meal replacements I haven't been depriving myself so I have also been using the same brand bars as well. Just keep in mind that these shakes mean your calorie intake is extremely low. Good luck, be safe.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

I am not on here to debate with someone whio is going to take what you say, exaggerate it to a ridiculous level and then try to challenge you on it. I am just trying to add something a little bit more productive to the conversation.

Bad advice is bad advice. Trying to lose 20 lbs in a month is ridiculous, encouraging it is even more ridiculous.

And you follow it with I tried something similar and gained everything back when I stopped. Recommending to people to just go for it now matter what the plan, is bad advice.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I dont get slimfast shakes, at all. They dont fill you up, they are expensive, and can cause cramping/bloating/gas.
  • jennm426
    Options
    Hey girl. I am doing a nutritional plan that is amazing. I have lost 11.5 lbs in 6 days and 10 inches. I feel amazing. I have had many health issues including chronic pain and unbalanced hormones so I wantes to make sure what ever I did was nutrition based. I was tired all the time before I started this and by day 3 I felt like a brand new woman. It is the most amazing thing. I feel like I am getting my life back.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Hey girl. I am doing a nutritional plan that is amazing. I have lost 11.5 lbs in 6 days and 10 inches. I feel amazing. I have had many health issues including chronic pain and unbalanced hormones so I wantes to make sure what ever I did was nutrition based. I was tired all the time before I started this and by day 3 I felt like a brand new woman. It is the most amazing thing. I feel like I am getting my life back.

What plan is this?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

What plan is this?

How much is this costing me?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Sounds like some multi level marketing scheme
  • FitnessCharl
    Options

Bad advice is bad advice. Trying to lose 20 lbs in a month is ridiculous, encouraging it is even more ridiculous.

And you follow it with I tried something similar and gained everything back when I stopped. Recommending to people to just go for it now matter what the plan, is bad advice.

Unproductive advice is unproductive advice. People are going to do whatever they want to do - as if me writing "No that's insane" on a forum is going to stop someone making up their own mind?
    There were good and bad points to doing the plan, such as I felt healthier, my stomach problems disappeared, my skin cleared up, nails looked better than ever etc. Was it good long term - No, was it drastic - Yes...
    What you want is to chastise someone for trying something different and quite frankly I’m not that way inclined.
    So at the end of the day, opinions are like ars*holes - everyone has one
  • jennm426
    Options
    Lol. Its not. I feel better than I have in as long as I can remember. I was so sick and had tried everything including calorie restrictions to lose weight. My doctor and I discussed this and he was on board. It has been life changing. If you have packed on pounds from severe illness and nothing works you will do anything to feel better.:)