Would you have survived 200 years ago?

Options
calcolindo
calcolindo Posts: 10 Member
If you were to suddenly find yourself transported back in time approximately 200 years what skill (that you currently possess) would be most useful? What skill are you lacking that could potentially cause your demise? What one item do you hope you have with you?

Replies

• WorkoutJunkie1
    Options
    No, I definitely wouldn't survive 200 years ago. All my skills are related to technology. I don't know if I can live without my computer, internet, cell phone, car, and money.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    200 years ago, if I hadn't died in childbirth by this point, I would probably not have a tooth left in my mouth. Very thankful for modern obstetrics and dentistry.
  • Muscles_and_lipstick
    Options
    I wouldn't just survive, I would thrive!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Totally! I'm not into tech stuff, I've lived without water, heat and electricity through several home renovations and I am a pretty resilient and tough Woman! :happy:
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Would depend on whether I was born into money.
  • MissMCassidy
    Options
    No. Without modern medicine I would have died during my pregnancy with my son and if I survived that there would be no chance I could have survived the complications of my daughter birth. Besides an unequal marriage would literally be hell for me, I'm too independent.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Sure. Humans are smart and adaptable,
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    200 years ago, if I hadn't died in childbirth by this point, I would probably not have a tooth left in my mouth. Very thankful for modern obstetrics and dentistry.

How YOU doin?
  • Tornadoes_R_Fun
    Options
    being a white male gives me a great advantage. id start making one scientific discover after another. id just have to be careful i didnt run afoul of all those crazy religious organizations.

i feel bad for all the females and non whites who get transported back 200 years in America. much more difficult road for them.
  • machinistgoalie
    Options
    Yes.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Without obvious medical woes, i don't think it would be all that difficult.
  • BowHunter1967
    BowHunter1967 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Survive? I think thrive would be a better word. Yes!
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yup! I totally would survive! I'd make a damned good housewife - I cook, I have the ability to clean, raise a kid, and quilt. I'd just run the village. :happy:
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Probably so, next to the computer I am pretty much a technophobe, No idea what WIFI, IPOD, IPAD is and the only time I got blue tooth is when I ate blueberries. I prefer to do most by hand and learned to live life in a simple way. Will not be easy of course, but manageable...
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Assuming I'd have survived my early birth, I'd have died of renal failure by 25.

--but all that aside, I can knit and cook... and I'm old enough to remember life before the Internet. :D
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Heavens, no.What would I do all day long without MFP to post on?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I would have ruled.
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I think with my past in small amounts of farming and outdoors living, yes
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    If you were to suddenly find yourself transported back in time approximately 200 years what skill (that you currently possess) would be most useful? What skill are you lacking that could potentially cause your demise? What one item do you hope you have with you?

With my career, I might well be screwed. BUT, I am a crack shot, I can grow a garden like weeds, and I can cook like a madwoman. So I would be ok in the end...