High deficit but not losing. Help needed

Options
1235»

Replies

• jamieben1824
    jamieben1824 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was a group fitness instructor for 10 years and started gaining weight. Long story short, I was exercising too much because it started raising my cortisol. Once that happens, the more you exercise, the more your cortisol raises, the more weight you gain, I no longer teach and only exercise for myself. Guess what? The weight is coming off. I believe you are in the same cycle and over training.

^^This is very interesting :)
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Take a week off exercise. Maintain your 1500 calories (or eat more, what is your BMR and TDEE?). Your body might just need some time to recuperate.

I agree with this.

I also think you are eating too low with all the activity you have going on. I'm 47 and 5'4 and my BMR is 1600. You are most likely eating below your BMR AND moving all day. Your body is not getting the nutrients it needs, and is therefore probably being resistant. Ease up, don't try so hard. Take a few days off of exercise, or lighten up the exercise. I would even daresay raise your calories by 100-200 per day for a week and see what happens.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    LOL so the argument was meal timing raising metabolism. It went on for so long. Science vs. someone experience thinking that there metabolism was raised with frequent small meals. Can you guess what wins?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Wow. Alot of arguing in this topic now. Can I just remind you all that different things work for different people before you tear into each other (and me) again.
    If the amount of fat I have doesn't go down in the next 2 weeks then I am definitely going back to a no carb/high fat and protein diet.

Again, thank you everyone who didn't judge for all your advice it was really helpful.
    Yes, everybody is different as to their dietary needs, but weight loss comes down to only one thing--calories in/calories out. That is the only to lose weight. It's how you get there that is individual.

Really, with some of your statements in this conversation, including your self-ultimatum above, I really think that you need to speak to a professional. You relationship with food and exercise does not sound healthy, which can lead down an eating disordered road. I know, I've been there.

Finally, nobody is judging you. They are telling you the simple truth when it comes to calories in/calories out and their own experience. Thanking people who you perceive as judging you IS in turn judging people who gave you advice you simply don't like.
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Normal weight fluctuation and/or water retention. I bet it's that simple
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Wow, judging from your responses to people you really haven't learned much in your two (almost three) years here at MFP, have you?
  • lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    I REALLY wish that you guys could stay ON TOPIC,this arguing back and forth looks really immature.

I'm not sure which people you're referring to, but I suspect that I'm one of them. Generally speaking, this isn't a board that suffers misinformation and bad science well. That sort of thing doesn't help anyone and it's going to be called out when it happens. I notice that your own comment isn't particularly on-topic either, but feel free to keep labeling people immature instead of offering any real advice.

You just proved her point
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I REALLY wish that you guys could stay ON TOPIC,this arguing back and forth looks really immature.

I'm not sure which people you're referring to, but I suspect that I'm one of them. Generally speaking, this isn't a board that suffers misinformation and bad science well. That sort of thing doesn't help anyone and it's going to be called out when it happens. I notice that your own comment isn't particularly on-topic either, but feel free to keep labeling people immature instead of offering any real advice.

You just proved her point

And now, so have you.

Which proves the point that threads are derailed all the time. There's not any reason to chastise people and demand they return to said topic (and while doing so call *them* immature - I mean really). It's pretty hypocritical.