Newbie looking for motivational friends here

Options
hi all, my name is Kell. I have been using MFP on my phone for a while but only just came to the site and found all this awesome support. I have a large hill to climb im currently 110.4 and want to get to 65kg. I know i can do it but i also know i thrive on some healthy motivation (im not calling it competition. im only competing against myself.
If anyone would like to add me here so we can motivate each other please feel free.

Im an emotional eater and coca cola and savoury carbs are my nemisis.

Now im going to own up to something really embarrasing here. Im a nurse and do telephone motivational health coaching which includes diet exercise and losing weight. I need to start practiving what i preach here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I look forward to sharing some journeys
Kell
xxx

Replies

• farmerswife87
    Options
    This site is awesome for support! My advice to get started on the right foot, cut out pop completely for a few days, I guarantee you'll lose at least a pound without a lot of effort, and then you'll feel like you accomplished something awesome, and the motivation to do more will flow like delicious 5 calorie per glass crystal light!!
  • McRebecca
    Options
    Welcome!! I have been on the site for 3 years off and on... met my goals, backed off now im back after baby!!

Can I ask what you currently do for exercise?
  • deboragray
    Options
    I agree with the cutting out pop, it is really high in sodium too which I find for me is a killer for water retention. It does not quench thirst either. Crystal lite in a large glass with ice or even simply cutting up lemons, cucumbers, fresh mint etc and putting it in water and ice for flavour are great ideas. I am a nurse to so know where you are coming from but we need to realize that we are human too and its great to see you making the changes for health. Welcome!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! I'm glad you're here!

Just think of the even greater motivation you will provide when you're speaking from a place of personal experience. It'll be great!
  • Wiwh23
    Wiwh23 Posts: 3
    Options
    I know your pain!! I'm in the same boat! I have a horrible time controlling what I "want" to eat, as opposed to what I "should" eat! I'm the kind of person that needs the lil kick in the butt to get me going!lol
    But down to the bottom line I need HELP getting this weight off to! And I can't get it at home, bc my husbands a truck driver and I'm a stay at home mom w two lil girls! So I would be pleased to be ur support if u or ANYONE could be mine!!!!
    And by the way, could someone please help me with this whole calorie thing on here bc I really don't know what I'm doing! May I remind u that I'm doing this all from a blackberry pearl smart phone! So its completely diff from a computer! Thanks, Jen*