The FAT on the inner, upper Leg.....??

Options
2»

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I have to ditto on the Sumo squats and sumo bounces, ouch but they work.
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Anybody remember the Suzanne Sommers Thighmaster????? that would work if you can find one!
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A machine similar to this one at the gym has helped me in the past with my inner / outter legs. And now that I've started back at the gym again this past week, my inner thighs have been sore for the past couple days from doing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ystGsjnBots
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    or maybe this video would give a better idea....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbzL6uQuMU&feature=related
  • Crazyjro
    Crazyjro Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    lunges and squats then more lunges and squats! lol!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    running and squats has helped me..
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I'm at my target weight, have been working out for 3 years (running, circuits, cycling, classes - lots of squats!!) and have a low body fat and it's STILL there. Ok, so it doesn't look awful, no cellulite anymore (halleluja!) but it still has that wobble that only fat can create. Sigh. I give up. My body fat is at around 10 - 15% and I think it's all on my inner thigh, lol. Best of luck! xxx
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, but you can spot tone. If you belong to a gym, they may have a machine that specifically works the inner thigh by squeezing the legs together. If you are working out at home, stick a pillow between your knees and squeeze. Don't over do it, it may not feel like your really hitting it, but the next day you will know you did.

Oh, I know that machine well. I did a bunch of them and thought, "Ha! This is easy!"

Then the next day when I tried to sit down or stand up or do just about anything... ouch!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    try pilates! its great for toning.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wonder if I stick some plastic wrap around that area while i work out if that would help any??? lol

Are you saying this in regard to Chub Rub? I've gone the gamet with ways to reduce and avoid chub rub. If you're working out, try wearing longer capris instead of shorts. Otherwise, they have Body Glide they sell at running stores that helps your legs slide over one another, rather than chap the inner theighs. If I weren't DEFINITELY going to lose weight to where this won't be an issue anymore, I'd buy stock in that stuff. It's amazing. Also works well for your feet if you want to avoid blisters on toes, etc.
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sumo Squats!!!!!

stand with your feet a bit wider than shoulder width. point toes outward. keep back straight and bend your knees, sort of like a plee-ay. Not sure how you spell that. When you come back up, come up slowly and really squeeze that inner thigh muscle.

Hmm..I'm gonna have to try that. I was gonna say reg squats and lunges. Walking/jogging/running will def help too.

When you do the plie squats, make sure to keep the pressure on your heels and you'll feel it more in the inner thigh.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Yea, that's it... Body Glide.
  • shanamalena
    Options
    Oh no.....I have always heard of people wrapping themselves with plastic wrap and you sweat more. lol
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have to ditto on the Sumo squats and sumo bounces, ouch but they work.

Ditto here also!! I do 4 sets of 15 and after the 15th rep I hold it down and bounce as long as I can burning it out...it hurts like *ell but wow does it work!!!!