skinny taste recipes

Options
lilredred1956
lilredred1956 Posts: 10 Member
Has anyone ever copied and paste a whole recipe (not site link ) and noticed that the calorie count is different . I copied and pasted a recipe for the Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Bake. The site recipe calorie count on the site was 221 but when I did the recipe match mine was 259. I even took out some of the ingredients

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You should never use the calorie information from recipes you find anyway... it will always be different when you make it. Twice so far I've made a recipe and once I entered it here I realized it was twice the calories that the site said.

Besides, Skinnytaste uses volume instead of weight measures so it will always be inaccurate.
  • lilredred1956
    lilredred1956 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks that helps a lot
  • roswald78
    roswald78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It will never be exact either due to the fact that you will probably use different brands, etc to make them with. I grab the link, put it in the recipe calculator and then find the exact ingredients and brands that I will be using to make it with. You also have to watch the calculator as sometimes the entries in the database are off. When I put a recipe in once, it tried saying that I was adding 10 times the amount the recipe called for. I had to edit the measurements. HTH!