In all honesty.....mine.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Butcher & the Burger in Chicago.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Blue Door here in MN has some fantastic Juicy Lucy's.

I'm partial to any burger that has a fried egg on top.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Medium Rare Buffalo Burger with Swiss chesse and sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, tomato and red onion on an Onion Roll. NOM!!!:tongue:
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'm not even hearing Five Guys, Smashburger, Fatburger, etc. That's a balogna response! The only chain I'll accept is In-n-Out, and even those barely compare to local burgers with real personality.

Bad Boy Burgers in Boise, ID - Bacon Cheeseburger!

Barrelhouse in Boise, ID - Idaho Cowboy Burger!

Giant Drive-In in Lake Oswego, OR - Giant w/ Cheese!

Stanich's in Portland, OR - ANYTHING!

Rick's Drive-In in Whittier, CA - Double cheeseburger!

Look, I know they aren't creative (no pineapple or sauer kraut or pastrami), but they are seasoned right, they're big and they are juicy. BAM!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    The Ram Brewery. Let's count it as both because there are a couple locations in Oregon but I don't think they're anywhere else.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    The Ram Brewery. Let's count it as both because there are a couple locations in Oregon but I don't think they're anywhere else.

We have 'em in ID.

ETA: The ram in Lake O. was the bomb. The one out here... not so much. I also never realized how much I truly do not like their beer until I moved out here.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    In my city:

Sonya's, GBF and George's
  • mmeans68
    mmeans68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When we were down in the Keys, last year, we tried Shula's. Hands down, one of the BEST burgers I've ever had. Followed by Frisch's and Five Guys in a tie for close second.
  • laurenjill
    laurenjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i always goto checker burgers when I'm in florida .. don't know if they're still going..hope so cos ill be looking out for one again next june :)
    Checkers/Rallys are definitely still going!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Here in NS.

Ace Burger makes the best.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Swenson's in Akron, Ohio.

Smashburger for a chain.

My boyfriend's bacon and swiss burgers, he adds buffalo sauce with whorechester (huge spelling error)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Probably the best chain burger in my opinion is Steak & Shake. They're pretty greasy but the flavor is excellent in my opinion. I usually go with a plain double steakburger or maybe add lettuce, onion and/or mustard. Yum.

Locally I like burgers from a place called Mojo and a little bar & grill my friends and I like. The bar & grill has hefty prices but they do their burgers up really nice with loads of cheese options, avocado, and other good stuff. Now I'm in the mood for one!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I love In n Out but we don't have them in Colorado. I will have to try Five Guys and Smashburger, I haven't yet.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Probably the best chain burger in my opinion is Steak & Shake.

I just saw this in "Eat this not that" and it was recommended, the cals are not astronomical like some. We have a couple of these but not conveniently located for me.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    My favorite has been Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream (Indiana), in particular their elk burger. I used to like Cheeseburger in Paradise as well, but the location by us closed.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    There's a local place called Stagg's Grocery here in Florence that makes an amazing cheeseburger... This place is an old school grocer store that's been open for over 50 years. It may just be a plain jane run of the mill burger (meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayo/ketchup), but if a place can pull THAT type of burger off and make it unforgettable, then you have a winner. Nothing fancy on this burger, but it's #1 of my top 3 I've ever had.

#2 is homemade by my brother. 80/20 beef, stuffed with a small square of cheddar (think juicy lucy) or with some crumbles of bleu cheese, grilled then topped witha little bit of garlic/herb butter... Then put on a ciabatta bun with some Irish mustard, a little mayo, bacon, and red onion.

#3 is a chain... Five Guys Burgers. Bacon Cheeseburger with grilled onions, jalapenos (grilled too), pickles, mayo and mustard.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    White Castles.... if you disagree with me you are wrong and need a couple beers and a sack of sliders to reconsider your opinion.
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    I don't order burgers when I'm out cause I make the best.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    White Castles.... if you disagree with me you are wrong and need a couple beers and a sack of sliders to reconsider your opinion.

:noway: I've never been a fan of White Castle. When it comes to chains that offer slider types, I'd much prefer Krystal's.