frustration and my period

Options
Every time i am going to get my period I get extremely short fused. I get extra hungry for carbs before my period and have a hypothyroid issue. I am a fitness instructor so i do exercise at least 3-5 per wk even now. I still have toning to do and would like to loss at least five more pounds. I have two little kids so once a month with everything i get so cranky and don't know what i can do. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    Oh my goodness!! I'm there too! My son asked me if it was my "special time that makes Momma crabby"! But sadly I don't know what to tell you! I try to find the none food things that comfort me and cheer me up and indulge in that ... unfortunately with 2 small boys I can't just take a nap or read all the time!
    I hope you cheer up and find what makes you feel better!!
  • shelbyj72
    shelbyj72 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Try taking fish oil vitamins they help with your period and maybe start using your pms meds before you start your period
  • rjulian20
    Options
    tums...chew 2 or 3 everyday for 3-4 days BEFORE you're expecting to start showing pms symptoms. i can't remember where my mom read it but i've been doing it for almost a year now & it really works! something about the calcium helps relieve cramps, bloating, and even crankiness! good luck.....
  • deedleedee
    Options
    well first things first, if your thyroid is impaired that will definitely cause added emotion distress (i found this out the hard way myself, though my thyroid has since improved). i agree that fish oil supplements are extremely helpful, as are folic acid supplements. it might be worth talking to your doctor about also - there is standard PMS and there is PMDD which causes extreme PMS symptoms. be well! :)
  • ECoursey
    Options
    thanks everyone, i will look into them.