Hida Scan No Gallbladder found

Options
124»

Replies

• Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    ok so coming here to ask what others were told prior to surgery is a bad thing? wow just wow.

to think I actually thought I could get others experiences to get an idea of what I am in for.

Thank you to those who actually responded kindly.

To those who keep saying talk to your doctor, yeah am doing that Friday (see previous post), wanted to kind of find out other experiences I like to be prepared for things.

I have no experience with being told I am missing an organ, but I would get a second opinion.

Ok, internal organ.
    Nobody was told they were missing an organ.

If you people had stopped to consider that it was YOU (and not her) who didn't understand, you all could've spent less time making fun of a scared, young girl and more time making fun of someone else for not weighing their pasta properly or something.

Can't be found is the same as missing as far as I'm concerned. When it is found it is no longer missing. And I still stand by my statement that she should get a second opinion. I know I would, and that's what she was asking for; opinions on what to do. Besides, anyone who doesn't weigh pasta properly isn't worthy of my derision. That's reserved for white knights.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If anything special needs to be done, diet, etc.
    You Doctor will tell you...if not ask him.
    tumblr_m13nxaNo7R1qhx3ir.gif
    How very Unhelpful.

Guys: the OP is asking for help. She's probably a bit scared (she's posted several threads about her condition). She's probably a bit nervous. Can we lay off the usual adolescent crap?

I'm sure she's not the first to be bewildered by what the docs are saying....

Asking a doctor or nurse for clarification is too hard! Just come to the internet, right?
    Clearly you've never anxiously waited for an appointment to ask questions.
    When you have nothing to offer, why not just skip the thread?

In my world advising people to seek a professional's opinion trumps uninformed "advice" every time. You can play Internet doctor/psychologist all you want but it doesn't make it correct.
    As we know you're free to do what you want.

I stand by my statement that the majority of the early comments were unnecessary, and unhelpful. If you think they should seek medical advice, SAY THAT.

Say that? You mean like what's up there in your quote?
    You mean with the lame gif? (which wasn't yours, was it?)
    I think we've threadjacked this far enough.
    The OP is now getting some supportive comments. Let's drop it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    If anything special needs to be done, diet, etc.
    You Doctor will tell you...if not ask him.
    tumblr_m13nxaNo7R1qhx3ir.gif
    How very Unhelpful.

Guys: the OP is asking for help. She's probably a bit scared (she's posted several threads about her condition). She's probably a bit nervous. Can we lay off the usual adolescent crap?

I'm sure she's not the first to be bewildered by what the docs are saying....

Asking a doctor or nurse for clarification is too hard! Just come to the internet, right?
    Clearly you've never anxiously waited for an appointment to ask questions.
    When you have nothing to offer, why not just skip the thread?

In my world advising people to seek a professional's opinion trumps uninformed "advice" every time. You can play Internet doctor/psychologist all you want but it doesn't make it correct.
    As we know you're free to do what you want.

I stand by my statement that the majority of the early comments were unnecessary, and unhelpful. If you think they should seek medical advice, SAY THAT.

Say that? You mean like what's up there in your quote?
    You mean with the lame gif? (which wasn't yours, was it?)
    I think we've threadjacked this far enough.
    The OP is now getting some supportive comments. Let's drop it.

Nice reading comp fail. Sure, now let's drop it.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    ok so coming here to ask what others were told prior to surgery is a bad thing? wow just wow.

to think I actually thought I could get others experiences to get an idea of what I am in for.

Thank you to those who actually responded kindly.

To those who keep saying talk to your doctor, yeah am doing that Friday (see previous post), wanted to kind of find out other experiences I like to be prepared for things.

I have no experience with being told I am missing an organ, but I would get a second opinion.

Ok, internal organ.
    Nobody was told they were missing an organ.

If you people had stopped to consider that it was YOU (and not her) who didn't understand, you all could've spent less time making fun of a scared, young girl and more time making fun of someone else for not weighing their pasta properly or something.

Can't be found is the same as missing as far as I'm concerned. When it is found it is no longer missing. And I still stand by my statement that she should get a second opinion. I know I would, and that's what she was asking for; opinions on what to do. Besides, anyone who doesn't weigh pasta properly isn't worthy of my derision. That's reserved for white knights.
    Her gallbladder isn't missing, it just wasn't found on a dye test, which means it's either blocked or not functioning. She stated what she was told and corrected herself later. I understood that right away and posted as such at the time.

She wasn't looking for medical advice, she already has a doctor's appointment on Friday. She's understandably nervous and looking for personal experience and what people have done to prep for it. Obviously, you've never been in a position to have a diagnosis like this and then have to wait a week to find out what's going to happen.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    She wasn't looking for medical advice, she already has a doctor's appointment on Friday. She's understandably nervous and looking for personal experience and what people have done to prep for it. Obviously, you've never been in a position to have a diagnosis like this and then have to wait a week to find out what's going to happen.

Good point! As an example, they had told me they take the gallbladder out through the belly button so I imagined no scar ABOVE my belly button. I thought there would be a hidden scar inside my belly button. (Sort of like they hide a scar in the bikini line so it isn't really noticeable.)

Granted, it is not a big scar, but it was still a surprise for me. Of course, I was feeling rather 'happy' from my morphine when they explained the whole thing to me.

The OP is at home wondering about what will happen.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Good point! As an example, they had told me they take the gallbladder out through the belly button so I imagined no scar ABOVE my belly button. I thought there would be a hidden scar inside my belly button. (Sort of like they hide a scar in the bikini line so it isn't really noticeable.)

Granted, it is not a big scar, but it was still a surprise for me. Of course, I was feeling rather 'happy' from my morphine when they explained the whole thing to me.

The OP is at home wondering about what will happen.
    Thanks again for all your input here. I know that feeling, while waiting to get more info. It's just nice to chat with folks.