The 1 Key To Success...

Options
Enjoy the process.

There will always be a new goal, a different challenge or a new hurdle to jump over when it comes to weight loss, or anything worth having in life.

But the key to any goal is consistency.

Fall in love with "The process" of getting healthier.

Learn what you like to do for exercise. Learn what you like to eat that's healthy. Learn about how to do it better, and realize the little milestones you achieve along the way.

Nothing happens overnight, so enjoy the process. This will help you maintain your progress long-term.

We are all trying to achieve something, and there will always be something to learn and to get better at.. a new goal to achieve, so enjoying and really being comfortable within the process is really the key to long-term health and fitness.

Hope this helps someone today.

-Verner

Replies

• rachaelgoslan
    Options
    You are so right... I was overweight this time last year and inactive. Now I'm a healthy weight, active and about to take part in a 10k fun run on the weekend. I am happier than I have been in a long time and love the way this whole process has made me feel about myself that I don't want to lose that feeling. I have now set new goals and look forward to achieving them in the near future :)
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great post, thanks.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have to agree!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Yep! :flowerforyou:
  • VernerDixon
    VernerDixon Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are so right... I was overweight this time last year and inactive. Now I'm a healthy weight, active and about to take part in a 10k fun run on the weekend. I am happier than I have been in a long time and love the way this whole process has made me feel about myself that I don't want to lose that feeling. I have now set new goals and look forward to achieving them in the near future :)

Thanks for the comment and congratulations on your own success!
  • Penelope416
    Penelope416 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Agreed. It's good to embrace the journey. Learning to see it as long term instead of a temporary, seasonal thing . Working on being discipline. Its great to have motivation but I feel like discipline is more important because sometimes we may lose motivation but discipline keeps us staying consistent (especially when we dont feel like doing it)! At the same time, we motivate each other!

Great post.
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes. Thank you!
  • VanillaGorillaUK
    VanillaGorillaUK Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Good post.

I would argue that it's not always possible to enjoy the process, sometimes you don't feel good, but you can always enjoy the knowledge that your doing what needs to be done.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the process.

There will always be a new goal, a different challenge or a new hurdle to jump over when it comes to weight loss, or anything worth having in life.

Fall in love with "The process" of getting healthier.

Learn what you like to do for exercise. Learn what you like to eat that's healthy. Learn about how to do it better, and realize the little milestones you achieve along the way.

Nothing happens overnight, so enjoy the process. This will help you maintain your progress long-term.

We are all trying to achieve something, and there will always be something to learn and to get better at.. a new goal to achieve, so enjoying and really being comfortable within the process is really the key to long-term health and fitness.

Hope this helps someone today.

-Verner
    Thanks!:happy:
  • agriffi1
    Options
    So true, thanks for this :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Agree.

"CONSISTENCY is the difference between a TRUE CHAMPION and an OCCASIONAL WINNER".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition