Feeling lightheaded and dizzy

Options
mlyn627
mlyn627 Posts: 104 Member
Going on day 9 and the last 2 days I have felt dizzy and lightheaded, more so today. I am getting plenty of calories and eating every 2 hours. Ugh this really sucks. My diary is open, can anyone check it out and give me any insight?

Replies

• JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Greetings!
    It might not be diet related. I've been feeling tired and woozy for the past few days, no matter how much I eat. Then I saw a news report about high levels of ragweed- which can cause dizziness and lethargy.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Do you take any vitamins or excersize? Everything I see looks fine in your diary. Maybe a Dr visit? When I get these feelings I drink more water or maybe eat some simple sugars ( gummy bears ect ).
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. I'm not sure. Your diary looks nice to me!
    Have you significantly cut back on anything like sugar or coffee? Perhaps it's a mild withdrawal symptom? I used to feel more ill when I started drinking more water on a daily basis too.

My advice is to take it easy, but keep doing what you're doing. I might even just be from your body adjusting to eating less than you're used to. I know I felt like crap in my first 3 weeks. But if you faint or anything... that would be a major red flag.
  • mlyn627
    Options
    Yes I have been exercising and I take a b complex but not a multi. I think I am going to start taking one and see if that helps.
  • mlyn627
    Options
    Have you significantly cut back on anything like sugar or coffee? Perhaps it's a mild withdrawal symptom? I used to feel more ill when I started drinking more water on a daily basis too.

My advice is to take it easy, but keep doing what you're doing. I might even just be from your body adjusting to eating less than you're used to. I know I felt like crap in my first 3 weeks. But if you faint or anything... that would be a major red flag.

I am drinking a lot more water, and cut back on sugar big time.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Oh also, how are your sleeping habits? When I started cooking for myself I was finding myself still awake at 1:00 am cooking meals for the next day at lunch because I was soooo sloooowww. I had really reduced how much I slept and it got to me quickly!
  • VeryKatie
    Options

I am drinking a lot more water, and cut back on sugar big time.
    Maybe that is playing a part then. Hmm..
  • KristaMunson
    KristaMunson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I get dizzy and feel like I am going to faint too. My OB/GYN (when I was pregnant) told me I need to eat more protein. Every time I feel like that I eat more protein and it seems to work even when I am not pregnant. I don't know if that is your problem at all, but I thought I would throw it out there.
  • EvelineUK
    Options
    How's your bloodpressure? What exercises do you do?

Now that I'm losing weight, I'm starting to feel a bit dizzy sometimes. My doctor says that's because my (high) bloodpressure is dropping. And when doing stuff like squatting, I have to watch my breathing or else I get lightheaded.
  • mlyn627
    Options
    Oh also, how are your sleeping habits? When I started cooking for myself I was finding myself still awake at 1:00 am cooking meals for the next day at lunch because I was soooo sloooowww. I had really reduced how much I slept and it got to me quickly!

Nothing has changed. Sleep is great for me.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    I was going to say this also. Your diary has you only eating about 33G if I remember. Not sure of your weight but thats a really low number. 33x4=132 calories from protien. That's very low.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    Looked at it again and it was 19. Protien and carbs are basic needs to function.
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    To me, light headedness and dizziness mean a sinus infection. Do your teeth hurt at all? It could be an ear infection, or even low iron. Your diary looks good (although, I would love to hear more about those banana chocolate chip cookies!). I would head to your Dr. as soon as you can.
  • mlyn627
    Options
    Looked at it again and it was 19. Protien and carbs are basic needs to function.

I'm not sure what number you are looking at. I think I do pretty good on protein.
  • mlyn627
    Options
    To me, light headedness and dizziness mean a sinus infection. Do your teeth hurt at all? It could be an ear infection, or even low iron. Your diary looks good (although, I would love to hear more about those banana chocolate chip cookies!). I would head to your Dr. as soon as you can.

I am pretty positive I don't have a sinus infection. I do have tmj and it's pretty bad right now...
    Message me and I will give you the recipe. :)
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    (smack myself) You're right. I looked at your diary again and I was reading the (remains) instead of the total. Im new to this MPF thing. lol. Still having headaches?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    See a doctor...
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Get thee some bouillon and/or powerade zero. If you're pushing water you're flushing electrolytes, and that'll give you exactly this reaction.

Magnesium, potassium, sodium.

Try it for a few days and see if it doesn't lift. Even just one dose should help.

GOOD LUCK!
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    See a doctor...

This. No one here can give you proper advice. The last thing you want to do is shrug this off as "diet" related. Check in with your Dr. and make sure you're healthy.
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have had dizzy issues myself and it has turned out to be vertigo caused by a virus. There were no other symptoms. It was all inner ear. There is an OTC medication you can buy called Meclazene that helps but if it continues I would see a doctor first. It could be anything from vertigo to a heart issue. Good luck, I hope you figure it out!