Protein Powder Help

Options
2»

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I used Matrix anabolic for day to day use as it is cheap. If I am working out I tend to mix in dynamize for verity
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    That's pretty low on protein and with shipping, you aren't saving very much. Allwhey is 25g of protein, 130 cals and is $50 5lb Cdn regular price at Healthy Planet, GNC etc. Walmart has 6 Star with 30g of protein 170 cals and $40 for 4lbs so if there are no sales near you, its a good one.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Lots of them offer free samples too, you might want to ask, or find websites and see if they have that option.
  • Marbella29660
    Marbella29660 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Look into Spirulina and Moringa, I've never used them but I understand they both have good protein content.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    That's pretty low on protein and with shipping, you aren't saving very much.

If you are talking about the example I gave, note that many things on Amazon.com are free shipping with purchases of $35. or, in this case and others, simply use Subscribe & Save option for free shipping then cancel future orders after it ships. Perfectly legit and free shipping.

It looks like pricing on the low end for Whey protein is around $10/lb and goes up from there.

Besides price and the calorie/protein ratio, finding a flavor you can live with is an important consideration. I found Jarrow Whey to be good if I mix in a bunch of stuff. Just ordered another brand to try another taste (on a vitamin site that had BYGO free sale so again paid right around $10/lb).