18 & overweight

Options
Hey I'm Courteney, 18 from England and overweight..

I've been on here for five days and thought I should 'introduce myself' so basically in the past 3 years I have put on a lot of weight due to many reasons that caused me to comfort eat and binge im not here for sympathy I just wanted to say hi and I know I can do this, I need to get to a place where I am comfortable with myself and am able to be happy.

My main problem is food I binge when I'm upset on all the wrong foods (no, I do not purge) and not having control or will power but Im learning and trying to change my bad relationship with food.

I am also a chocoholic so am getting my choco fix through a healthy chocolate alternative.

These past few days have been great and I know it's only a small step but its the right step and I'm feeling good, I WILL MAKE IT LAST, by trying to stay positive so yayy!

Please add, I'm all for having positive REAL people on here to inspire and motivation myself and the same on instagram which is the same name as this.

Replies

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And good luck!
  • hannahweightloss18
    Options
    I am also 18 years old. If you ever wanna talk u can talk to me!
  • OscarZelaya
    OscarZelaya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!

I consider myself an emotional eater. I have a stressful job and most of the times I find myself eating the most unhealthiest foods out there. My weakness is pizza. I can eat it all day, everyday. Since I started using MFP to count my calories, I found that by tracking my intake, I can see that I can afford a little cheat meal from time to time. It's a great tool and I'm going on almost 3 weeks straight using it. I'm also looking to increase my support group. Feel free to add me.
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    If you gives you any motivation, being 18 and overweight is not just about your emotions and willpower (it might not even have that much to do with it)!

The types of calories you are eating (too many carbs) and the types of foods (processed) affects how much fat your body wants to store. Also leptin resistance plays a huge role in regaining lost weight back. There is a lot of learning to do here, and I just started changing my perspective about 10 months ago. I thought I was an educated person, eating a healthy vegan diet and doing lots of distance cardio. I was not really overweight, but still addicted to carbs with an unhealthy relationship with food.

This video is a good starter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59YyXpCT1M
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me! Also an emotional eater! Been on here for a lil while now (615 days) am down 57lbs and went from a size 16\18 to a 4\6 . Got about 10lbs to go and several inches! Also been overweight my whole life. Best of wishes to you!