Looking for a 300cal mini meal?

Options

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I like pita chips (I like Keebler's Cinnamon Sugar or Stacy's Cinnamon Sugar) with peanut butter. 30g of the chips and a tablespoon of peanut butter helps me keep my hunger under control. It's about 250 calories.

I also like chex mix and peanuts. I get the dark chocolate chex mix and put some peanuts in it. I use a 1/2 serving of each one and it comes to 150 calories. But if you take a full serving of each it will be about 300 calories.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    What are the things that usually help you feel full?

For me, a bowl of oatmeal would keep me going for hours.

When I have these days where I want to eat all day, I make blended broth based soups because you cook it once, then eat it for a whole week with minimal preparation. They are thick, so they stay in your stomach and they are super low in calories, one big bowl is no more than 200 calories. From experience, blended lentil soup tends to fill me the best.

Like I said, try to think what usually keeps you full, and eat that.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    If it happens as you are making dinner make ahead a snack like a banana and two tbsp pb or carrot wedges, bell pepper slices, cucumber slices, chopped celery and a cup of yogurt you can either snack as you cook or do it before you cook. They are quick easyand hold you over til dinner. Also a large apple and a greek yogurt are easy too
  • jke78
    jke78 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 meals - 7:30am, 11am, 3 pm, and 6:30pm. My kids get home from school at 3 and they are hungry too, so we all have a snack together.

Fruit and cheese is a favorite, so is yogurt or smoothies. I try to get something with protein, like some nuts, cheese stick, cottage cheese, boiled eggs, or yogurt.

This^^^^

Remember, protein is your friend. Not only will it help keep you sated it's also great after a workout for muscle recovery.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast and sweet potato slices with sugar free maple syrup on both. Sounds gross, but it's really good!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    A handful of nuts and a can of V8

A protein bar and a piece of frui

Cottage cheese and fruit

Cheese and crackers
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I eat 5x a day - I could NEVER last 8 hours w/out eating....I wake up hungry! LOL

My go to snacks:
    Turkey Muffins (turkey meatloaf baked in a cupcake/muffin pan)

Chobani 0 Greek Yogurt and 1/2 serving (1/2 ounce) Almonds = 237kcal

Air popped popcorn and apple/banana

Quest bar (apple pie) = 180kcal

why not breakfast for snack - Arnold multigrain thin, bacon, egg = 250 kcal
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    8 slices "lite" salami - 60 cal
    Hummus - 35-70 cal /2 T
    Wasa cracker (40-70 cal)
    (antipasto!)

2 eggs - 140 cal
    spinach
    1 oz shredded cheddar cheese - 110
    (spinach omelet)

Wasa cracker w/ peanut butter 40, 188 calories
    Apple 85

2 hard boiled eggs/2 T hummus - deviled eggs (230 calories)

3/4 cup golden grahams cereal - 180
    1/2 cup milk - 120

10 grain cereal (1/4 dry) 130 cal
    2 T half & half (40)
    2 T PB2 (45)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    You could try pushing lunch later. I find it helps me.

A small/medium chicken breast baked in the oven with a 1/8 c sour cream, 1/8 c dijon mustard, 1/4 TSP garlic powder, and 1/4 TBSP dill mixture spread on top usually comes in under 300 cals for me (have to weigh the chicken). Plus it keeps me full since it's higher in protein than most of my go-to snacks.

Or try mixing half a can of tuna (60 cals), 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese (110 cals), 1 - 2 tsp hot sauce (maybe 5 cals), 1 hard boiled egg (80 cals), 1 TBSP 1% sour cream (10 cals), and pepper, salt and garlic powder to taste (or whatever spices you like) = ~265 cals. Super filling for me. I might try it with a different hot sauce next time. Or maybe salsa.
  • madeleineld
    madeleineld Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Everyone is making great suggestions and I definitely think 8 hours during the day is too long to go without a meal, for me at least! I just wanted to pipe up because, whether or not I have eaten enough for day, I too tend to binge in the kitchen while I'm cooking. What worked for me is chewing gum right before I'm heading in--if I need to taste something, I can take the gum out for a second, but it makes me less interested in the constant snacking.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    900g of carrots OR 6 oreos
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    How about 300 calories worth of anything you like? When I was eating at a deficit, I often packaged food in 300 calorie portions. . . including chicken pesto pasta, turkey chili, tuna noodle casserole, pork tenderloin and rice, pot roast and roasted potatoes.

Some people do fine eating only a few bigger meals. I need to eat regularly during the day, so I generally eat about 6 times.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    A handful of nuts and a can of V8

I LOL'D so bad....
    Ashton-kutcher-laughing-top-10-vine-videos.gif
  • njf87
    njf87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, decent protien and macros also don't taste terrible.

I like apple pie flavored quest bars, but I've heard good things about the others
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I made this for lunch and it was pretty good.

I took a bagel thin (110 calories), two slices of cheese (Sargento ultra thin- 80 calories) and some sliced Buffalo chicken (110 calories), made a sandwich and toasted it.

With the bagel thin, you could make a bunch of different types of sandwiches.For me, the bagel thin fills me up a bit more than regular bread, and it's a bit sturdier to keep around.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I had half a sandwich earlier... 150 calories (I use 65 calorie slices) and really helped keep me full for a while! Or you could buy 60 calorie wraps, put 60g of tuna and some spinach in there... About 150 calories as well and very filling.

Or yogurt and fruit, egg white omelet, oatmeal with nut butter...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I usually wake up at 5a to work at 6a. I'll have lunch around 12-13:00. Dinner around 17-19:00.

If I were looking for something prior to the 12:00 feeding, I'd probably hit up a protein shake or a quest bar, or an mhp protein pudding with a banananananana.
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    In for the ideas!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    ReadySnax at the grocery store. Each one is about 150 calories and comes with a combo of pretzels, flatbread crackers, grapes, cheese, apple slices, granola, caramel, yogurt, ranch, carrots, broccoli... depends which ones you get.

One of those and a side snack like chips (I always crave something salty) works for me, so two of them would be great for someone who needs more.
  • EmilyDridan77
    EmilyDridan77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have found that eating every 3-4 hours weather I'm hungry or not has worked really well for me, it keeps your metabolism switched on and working in your favor.

I snack mostly on fresh fruit, raw veg, or nuts. Sometimes hard boiled eggs. But on the days that they just don't cut it for me I have a supply of low calorie soups frozen, everything from Potato, Leek and Bacon to Vegetable or Minestrone soup. My husband loves them too because he can take them to work for lunch, or have one when he gets home if he is hungry.