why bother?

2»

Replies

• Lindzpnc
    Lindzpnc Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you...my day turned busy but I am definitely appreciating the responses, encouragement and understanding so far.

will reply soon :)
  • Lindzpnc
    after reading and having some time to think about it overnight! :)

I think I will just take things one day at a time
  • Lindzpnc
    last post... maybe

a friend of mine just posted an OOOLLLLDDD picture of us on IG- to see where I am from there and the comments.. was enough to make me realize WHY!!!!!!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    last post... maybe

a friend of mine just posted an OOOLLLLDDD picture of us on IG- to see where I am from there and the comments.. was enough to make me realize WHY!!!!!!

There is your new motivation.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Turn the brain off and hit the gym
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Because the small changes you make now will make it easier later when you're ready to commit. You can't lose weight during pregnancy, but you can learn to make a salad you enjoy, or get in the habit of going for walks, or cut down on sweets. All good habits that will make it easier for you to take the weight off later.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    if you are about to get pregnant (or try to) in the next couple of months, i personally wouldn't try to lose any.
    but that shouldn't stop you from eating healthier, to prepare for the baby. don't forget folate! :smile:

:smile: good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    In regards to future pregnancies- the more physically fit you are before and during your pregnancies- the better it is for labor. You're stronger for it.. have more endurance (for long labors) and recover faster. IF ANYTHING.. it should be worth that.
  • Losing weight is hard. Being fat, unhappy, and unhealthy is hard. Choose your hard.
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    I realize that im the one that has to WANT this in order for it to work but darn sometimes being fat is just easier! lol

Ya know darl, being fat is actually one of hardest things you can do, so much extra baggage comes with it and not just talking about the body fat either.

You can do it, the fact your having a rant means you have passion and that you care, and with passion like that, there is no such thing as failure.

So ya get a few knock backs, no biggie, your going to be an awesome mom, and ya kids going to know their mom is a fighter that can do anything she puts her mind to doing.

And thats why you bother.

huggz

Blessed be
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    STUDENT: What do I do when I reach the finish line?

MASTER: Recognize there is no finish line.
  • Rinny73
    Rinny73 Posts: 21
    Yes. 1000x yes. I know how you feel.

There's the fear of failure...

But there's also the fear of success. That's the one that really gets ya because you can't really see it coming.

In the past, when I lost weight on some extreme measure, like cutting out whole food groups, or depriving myself, or working out several hours a day, I was excited but drained. The thought that maintaining my ideal weight meant that I would have to live in perpetual agony did not brighten my outlook on the future. I've realized only recently that any weight loss strategy that keeps you hyper focused on the end goal and not the process builds up a lot of anxiety. Anxiety makes me want to eat. Anxiety not good. So I do all I can to get rid of the anxiety. That's been helping me drop some weight and that's WITHOUT lots of intense exercise (just dance for now until I'm ready for p90x3 XD) and with eating the foods I like on occasion. By doing that I think less about food, less about my weight, and more about my life in general. It's a good good feeling.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    STUDENT: What do I do when I reach the finish line?

MASTER: Recognize there is no finish line.

+1