Sabotage!!!

Options

Replies

• haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This happens a lot where I work too... cheese cake, donuts, popsciles, fudgesicles, and on, and on. I'm the guy who never eats any of it. -.-

And this:
    I came to this thread expecting Beastie Boys. But there was cake so it's whatevs :)
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options
    I was going to say I was the same way, but there is no way my double chocolate chip/mini M&M cookies can even compare to that amazing vision of chocolate perfection!

I guess you do it because like me, you love to bake, but since you can't eat what you make, you bring it to people who can eat it and have the willpower/common sense, to stop after a serving size? This way they get yummy treats and you fulfill your need to bake?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I was going to say I was the same way, but there is no way my double chocolate chip/mini M&M cookies can even compare to that amazing vision of chocolate perfection!

I guess you do it because like me, you love to bake, but since you can't eat what you make, you bring it to people who can eat it and have the willpower/common sense, to stop after a serving size? This way they get yummy treats and you fulfill your need to bake?

I absolutely love to bake, but I don't have a huge sweet tooth so if I left it at home, it wouldn't get eaten (or on occasions it would, and that would be bad, m'kay? LOL). And I'll confess, I'm a bit of a show off. Baking is my thing and I love to wow people with ridiculous creations. I've been wanting to start a blog :)

Your cookies sound awesome! I truly appreciate a good cookie...
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness for my coworkers - they allow me to get my baking/cooking fix on while not sabotaging myself! I love to feed people.

That cake looks slammin' btw. Reminds me of the triple chocolate mousse cake I've made before.
  • ellemoya8
    Options
    congratulations!! 68lbs is awesome. How do you keep up the will power for so long. I have been trying for 6 weeks and have lost 12.5 lbs and i still have to talk to myself every hour not to go buy a belguim waffle with a cup of syrup from the diner. I have 43 lbs to go and I really need some motivation strategy to get through the moments when my husband drives me crazy
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I'm a monster. A horrid, horrid monster.

Here's the cake ;)

20140525_164726_zpsphtlciu_edit_1412205200267_zpsd0fa7428.jpg
    :love: Oooooh... I want to be your co-worker... :drinker:
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    That cake wouldn't survive here. My mom would fudge her sugar for the day a bit with a tiny slice and then dad and i would kill it with only me getting fat.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    OP, you can sabotage me anytime.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-3179-1368991739-1.gif
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    ay dios mio

can I come work with you????
  • WorkoutJunkie1
    Options
    So I've been reading a bunch of threads, both old and new and have come to the conclusion that sabotage is rife in my office.

There's this woman who is trying to lose weight, and she's doing OK at it, but she really likes to bake. So she bakes all these really yummy things, and then brings them into the office. People groan when she brings them in and says she's going to make them fat, but then they eat them anyway!

I'm talking triple layer mud mousse cake with buttercream frosting, ganache and choc coated rice crispies, florentine slice, triple chocolate fudge cheesecake brownies, carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, lemon curd cake...

AND IT'S ME!!

Here's the cake ;)

20140525_164726_zpsphtlciu_edit_1412205200267_zpsd0fa7428.jpg

I am so happy I was born without a sweet tooth. LOL. I feel so sorry for the people who do have a sweet tooth. I can bet those who have a sweet tooth look at cakes and sweets as I do chips and salsa. Most people at my job do not bring in stuff I prefer, so I never have to worry about sabotage.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I can feel the weight gain just looking at the cake o__o

and I want to eat the whole thing.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    That's a work of art, right there..

I love baking but have managed to transfer my love to one of messing with recipes to have higher protein, lower sugar, different spices/textures, so I can actually eat more than 1oz of the wretched stuff.
  • Jaseau
    Jaseau Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ok so here is something yo might get a laugh at.... I am a pastry chef who doesnt like eating sugar and the stuff I make! - i am talking 100's of macaron, gateaux, mudcakes, tarts, slices etc...
    But I LOVE making crazy over the top outrages cakes and desserts and actually enjoy watching other people eat them!!!
    its kind of weird but I like to see other people devour the stuff...

mean right?

J
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    So I've been reading a bunch of threads, both old and new and have come to the conclusion that sabotage is rife in my office.

There's this woman who is trying to lose weight, and she's doing OK at it, but she really likes to bake. So she bakes all these really yummy things, and then brings them into the office. People groan when she brings them in and says she's going to make them fat, but then they eat them anyway!

I'm talking triple layer mud mousse cake with buttercream frosting, ganache and choc coated rice crispies, florentine slice, triple chocolate fudge cheesecake brownies, carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, lemon curd cake...

AND IT'S ME!!

so...I'd like to offer you a job....
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Ok so here is something yo might get a laugh at.... I am a pastry chef who doesnt like eating sugar and the stuff I make! - i am talking 100's of macaron, gateaux, mudcakes, tarts, slices etc...
    But I LOVE making crazy over the top outrages cakes and desserts and actually enjoy watching other people eat them!!!
    its kind of weird but I like to see other people devour the stuff...

mean right?

J
    Someone has a fetish
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Just peeking in on the cake again. Bye.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    OP, you can sabotage me anytime.
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-3179-1368991739-1.gif

Now there's a fella I'd bake a cake for... ifyaknowwhatimean...
  • ironsun
    ironsun Posts: 30
    Options
    The hospice in my town is always looking for volunteers to bake treats for the families of the patients. You could see if something like that is needed where you live if your coworkers need a break.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    please submit the recipe for the photo?

This
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipe....and NO you are not evil, you are now indulging your love of baking AND sharing instead of eating it all yourself! That's my take on it, and I'm sticking to it :wink: :smile: