My success story is just beginning!

Options
Ems500c
Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
I don't have my success story YET, but this is where I come to read all the motivational stories from everyone. My mini success story is that I have finally lost almost 17 pounds which is no where near my goal, but it's a start to where I want to be. If I feel discouraged or feel like giving up, I read your stories and it keeps me motivated. I want to thank you all for posting them and to let you all know how much it helps me (and I'm sure many others) to know that I can also reach my goals.

Replies

• MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS ON THE 17!

It's only the beginning. I come here too to read the posts. They are so inspiring and encouraging.

Keep up the good work and you'll be posting yours here too soon. :smile:
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    17 lbs is a great beginning. Good on you. :flowerforyou:

I read success stories every morning for motivation and inspiration. And I have learnt a lot from reading them too. I've totally changed my workouts on the basis of what I've discovered in these pages.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    17 is a success. Just treat every pound as a step towards your future.
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    We all were where you are at one time or another and you need to be extremely proud of the 17 pounds you have lost. I ws told recently to go to the store and pick up and hold the amount of weight you have lost in bags of potatoes to get a real perspective as to your success so far.

Well let me tell you, I cannot hold 80 pounds of potatoes! and I am sure that 17 pounds of potatoes are quite heavy as well!

You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work and before you know it you will be wearing sexy pants!
  • arhoney
    arhoney Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are. I too read posts for continued motivation. I love MFP and this strong community. My highest weight isn't reflected on here but I've actual lost 21lbs. This is truly a success just like you because I've never lost this much before. This healthy lifestyle that we've taken a hold of is right because its working.

Be encouraged that you're headed in the right direction and even if you hit a plateau, keep going.

You got this!!!!
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I also agree, you already have a success story, you joined MFP.....many don't. 17lbs is a great start also, no need to short change yourself there.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your losses! Every single pound lost is a success.
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This website is great and I appreciate everyone's comments and taking time to reply.

Ronij59 - I have never thought about doing that, but I am going to do this. I have weights at home, and was thinking the 6 pounds was a good amount to use at home to lift, but didn't think of it as the pounds lost! Thanks for the idea!
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm going to lift some potatoes too to make me feel better -11#
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    good job by the way
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!