Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

thinking of joining a boot camp

I have been trying to put in the extra effort to get more exercise in my daily routin. The Gym tends not to be a good option for me .... I have recently trying to do sit up push up and notice that i have never really been taught and think that form is horrible. I was thinking of getting a personal trainer but its too expensive for my budget. I found a local boot camp that meets three days a week early in the morning and was thinking this might be a better option then the gym or a personal trainer. I have never been to a boot camp before and i am a little nervous. Any advice, suggestion or thoughts?

Replies

• irishlass38
    irishlass38 Posts: 17 Member
    I love bootcamp! You will be in shape in no time! It really targets those muscles. It's a great class to help you burn fat! Tell them it's your first time and they will help modify things (if you need to).
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    I love my bootcamp, Kaia FIT. They have a bunch here in CA. Look for Groupons, too. The workouts are challenging and they change every day. You'll get hooked on the atmosphere.
  • MichaleneRN
    MichaleneRN Posts: 13 Member
    Go for it! I have never been athletic in my life. I have started a 6 week bootcamp for women and I absolutely LOVE it. To give an example of how out of shape I was: my first session I could only do 6 burpees in a minute ( I didnt even know what a burpee was before this) and 17 sit ups( and that was pushing it!) :noway:
    I don't know the time on my run, but I know was pathetic since the other girls were all packed up to leave (yet waited to cheer me on) when I was crawling back to the finish line gasping for a breath. :embarassed:
    Anyway, I am in my fourth week and I am so glad to be in this bootcamp. I have met an amazingly supportive group of women who really are a ton of fun to work out with and share successes and struggles.
    My advice to you is to go into it challenging yourself.
    I have gone from 6 burpees to about 25 (in three weeks) and I can also do many many more situps -plus I can actually finish my run with little or no walking.
    Good Luck- Go for it.....HAVE FUN!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Go for it! I do things in my bootcamp that I would never do on my own or have access to the type of equipment or knowledge of the instructor that bootcamp offers. I also love the camaraderie. I've done outdoor and indoor ones and combo ones. As long as there is no grass involved I'm good. My allergies can't take it otherwise. I agree that it is a better option financially then a personal trainer. My classes are small so it feels very personalized. Good luck!
  • monzter
    monzter Posts: 15 Member
    Do it....my wife and I used to do a bootcamp together and it was the only time in the last 10 years that i've felt truly fit. Wish I still had the time to do it, but life has kind of gotten in the way :)