I feel cold all the time now does anyone else?

Options
I'm doing a lot of exercise, 4x per week, I'm losing weight....and I feel cold all the time. Does anyone else feel cold a lot doing less cals & exercising?

Replies

• Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    So crazy I am too! I have layered myself every night cause Im freezing and can't warm up!! I am curious to see the responses!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I do. I have a sweater on all day long except while I'm exercising. That seems to be the only time I'm hot anymore:)
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Me too! Ever since I lost weight. My hands and feet stay cold. I'm wondering if I'm deficient in a vitamin or something.
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    me too, but mostly in my hands and feet.
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I am cold much more now too, but it's also winter. I can't blame it on anything but that until the summer rolls around... Then we will see.
  • shoevg
    shoevg Posts: 5
    Options
    I am the same. I feel cold all the time too. In my feet and hands as well. Weird...wonder what it's caused from?
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I do and we've been having weather in the 50s. I have always been a short sleeve, bare feet type person. I workout 5 time a week and am cold unless I am working out. Of course I have been losing my 'pading' :happy:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! I am sitting here freezing! My husband even commented on it the other day......"Aren't you the one who is always too hot?!"

Maybe I am losing some of my "insulation":laugh:
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, wearing lots of layers is very stylish :laugh:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I've always been hot natured until recently...CRAZY! I just figured I've lost 42 pounds of "insulation"
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Yep body fat keeps you warm so welcome to the club and layer up :)!

Exactly what I was going to say. Since I lost weight I'm always cold. Even when it's been getting in the low 70's here in CA I still wear long sleeves to keep warm. The only time I'm actually warm anymore is the summer when it's 90+ :laugh:
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My kids used to call me 'one hot mama' because I was hot all the time. Now I tend to find myself wrapping up in a blanket more often than not. By the time I reach my goal weight, I will need to keep it 95 degrees in the house!!
  • Bighank7752
    Options
    Yeppers, my doctor said it is not unusual. Some of us will have our internal thermostats self correct. The rest will buy gloves and wear more clothes. A willing price to pay.

Harold
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,754 Member
    Options
    Not me. I managed to time my weight loss perfectly to coincide with hot flashes! :tongue:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Yep body fat keeps you warm so welcome to the club and layer up :)!

Having said that make sure you are getting some iron in your diet as low iron can leave you feeling cold. An iron supplement can be hard on the tummy so make sure you are eating some iron rich foods or get your blood checked next time you are at the doctor.

I am anemic and I am cold a lot more often now that I have lost weight sometimes it is not related to iron but it doesn't hurt to have your doctor check it to make sure. I get mine checked often of course, sometimes it is low but I am always cold either way. Could be either. This person nailed it.:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Cold too!
  • heb14
    heb14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I used to be able to go out in -20 degrees and not blink, and now, even when it's 20 above I've still got to wear a jacket!
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    LOL I was cold natured prior to losing weight. Now I ALWAYS have layers and there is a down comforter plus extra blankets on my bed. LOL It just means you have a warm heart :wink:
  • easternfan
    Options
    I can understand how someone who has lost a significant amount of weight, say more than 20 pounds, would feel as though they had lost their "natural insulation", but 5 or 6 pounds? Something else is possibly going on and it's also winter time here in the northern hemisphere.