I feel like a horrible person... :(

Options

Replies

• independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ugh. what an annoying coworker. I don't believe him... he clearly put those on your desk...Your nicer than I would have been. You should have melted that chocolate in the microwave and poured a little on his desk and the rest in his trash can...
    Born and raised in the USA and in every office I've ever worked in....varying degrees of this goes on (among other things). Is everyone that way? Of course not...but I cannot wait to retire because this is pretty much it. Kindergarten everywhere. It explains a lot these days. frown (Oh, and sometimes the employers ARE part of it).

^^^ OMG this a million times over.
  • ConnieR
    ConnieR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You are not a bad person. You had a reaction. You are only human. (((Hugs)))
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You are not a horrible person. Somebody who would encourage a person to eat by saying, "You can always throw it up later," THAT's a horrible person. HAHAHA! Look at me, I made a funny joke about bulimia. Jerk. Don't apologize to him when what he threatened to do was done. Even if he didn't do it, he doesn't deserve an apology.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    no you're not horrible. you thought it was him (afterall, he did tell you he was going to do it)
    now, go to his desk, look him in the eye with a smile and sincerely apologize.
    then move on.

:smile:
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    You Americans are crazy :noway: Has the workplace become a kindergarten?? How do you stay energized through the day when you eat candy all day and how do you keep focused on your assignments when there is candy right in front of you? What do your employers think of this?

Yep we are a bunch of wild and crazy guys , hey hey hey :drinker:

3F8ZvA
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in the USA and in every office I've ever worked in....varying degrees of this goes on (among other things). Is everyone that way? Of course not...but I cannot wait to retire because this is pretty much it. Kindergarten everywhere. It explains a lot these days. frown (Oh, and sometimes the employers ARE part of it).

Seriously, where ARE these places? I worked in journalism for years and we didn't even behave that way.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options

Seriously, where ARE these places? I worked in journalism for years and we didn't even behave that way.

Two words: Govenerment. Work.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I work for state government now and, again, this does not occur.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Because you are.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I work for government. I have held two different positions. One office had an *kitten* like the one you have described in it, but the one I'm in now doesn't.

Actually, my former co-worker was far far more of an *kitten* than this. I can recall him telling another coworker, after recovering and returning to work from a mild heart attack, that she should eat a bucket of Crisco so she could have another heart attack because the office was so nice without her.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    lol...he is lying it was him

^^^THIS (he'd be an idiot to come clean to you in the workplace)..omg, don't stress over this...he didn't die, did he?! move on, and I agree w/other commenter...trash it next time.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    No, I'll bet it WAS him.

He'll get over it if it wasn't...No big deal..

+1
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    You're uptight. Suck on a sucker or something.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Because you are.

horrible and a drama queen
  • jzs20
    jzs20 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you work but it sounds like a terrible place to work. No offense...
    dude is probably lying and placed them on your desk.
  • FitCattitude
    FitCattitude Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If he was so unsympathetic as to previously say 'just throw it up later', I'd really not worry. He's been tormenting you, it was a perfectly obvious conclusion to jump to, and I think it probably was him. If he's the nice guy he's making out he is, he will be fine about it. I think you're giving yourself too hard a time, for sure. I'd chalk it up as you got the chance to even things up for his unsympathetic comment, and move forward. And do assert your space and what you need; that's absolutely right.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    He sounds awful, and I would put good money down that it was him, and even if it wasn't I wouldn't feel guilty over anything I did to that d-bag. If it were me, it would have been thumbtacks on his chair.

ETA: Red, white and blue thumbtacks of course
  • Killmenext
    Killmenext Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    PFGereh.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Not at all...reminds me of a story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

You and I interpreted very different morals from that story.

ETA:
    I, too, though of The Boy Who Cried Wolf while reading your post.

Seriously? Is there a completely different version of this story that I'm not aware of?
  • fraghag
    Options
    If someone put a large bowl of candy on my desk I would toss it in the garbage right then and there. And I wouldn't toss it in my office garbage where I'd have to smell it, I would toss it in the office kitchen garbage.