p90x nutrition guide problems

Options
I've just recently started p90x--a little over a week ago. Previously I'd done parts of it (plyo and yoga) but I've hit a plateau and want to do something different. Not having trouble doing any of the work, but I'm exhausted and useless by mid-afternoon, so I decided to look at the food guide. I did their worksheet--according to them, I'm level 3. These meals are insane. They want me to have a scramble with 10 egg whites TEN. Or a turkey burger with 10oz of meat. 10oz of tuna for tuna salad. I have trouble eating 1700 calories a day. I eat 3oz of tuna with my tuna salad and that fills me up for hours. I don't know how I can possibly be expected to eat that much. But at the same time, I want to feed my body appropriately for the work it's doing. I've stepped up my weights for a lot of the exercises, and try to do as many of them as I can without modifications. Do I really need 3000+calories???

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey I have completed p90x multiple times and I can help. I actually dont use the nutrition guide by the book, I picked their calorie levvel and macro ratios and ate my own foods on here. They recommend a ratio of 50% protein 30%carbs 20% fat. That is the fat shredder and you will definitely notice results while doing so
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Use the Scooby Calculator to figure out your TDEE, and go from there:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

This won't be the end all, be all answer to exactly how many calories you should be eating, but it will give you a good place to start.
  • thursdaystgiles
    thursdaystgiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Okay, so this goes back to my old confusion--why does the MFP tell me something so dramatically different from Scooby's? MFP put me at 1300. After some research, I put myself at 1750. Scooby's is suggesting 2220. That's with me saying I work out strenuously 3-5hrs a week. (which I do) but should I figure my exercise into my activity level? What I mean is, I'm generally a pretty lazy person. Not a lot of walking around or standing during the day. I'm a stay at home mom so I mostly clean the kitchen, read books to the kid/play with him on the floor, go to the park and stand around while he plays. BUT, I work out 4-6x a week and I work out HARD. So do I figure that into my calories, or do I just calculate my calories burnt on the days I work out, and add that in then? So confusing!!