And my pants are too tight

Options
I knew I gained weight, but this really sucks.

Pants that were a bit on the "loose" side three months ago are now snug.

This leads me to a couple of conclusions. The first one is, I've gained weight, I need to make smarter choices, and I need to keep working out.

The second conclusion is that I really need to stop wearing tights/jeggings/stretchy things every single day so that I know when things are getting snug.

Anyways, onwards and forwards.

L.

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Meh. That was me a few months ago. Now I'm back in the pants and feeling good again. It didn't take long because it wasn't much weight. But like you said, it was a reminder of how easy it is to become complacent, something I cannot afford to do. You'll be back to your usual self soon.
  • nogreenthumb
    Options
    So true. Big eye opener.

No more being complacent!

L.
  • AVT78
    AVT78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just don't do what I did a few years ago - buy bigger pants :sick:
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I knew I gained weight, but this really sucks.

Pants that were a bit on the "loose" side three months ago are now snug.

This leads me to a couple of conclusions. The first one is, I've gained weight, I need to make smarter choices, and I need to keep working out.

The second conclusion is that I really need to stop wearing tights/jeggings/stretchy things every single day so that I know when things are getting snug.

Anyways, onwards and forwards.

Same.Exact.Problem.
    Trying to get back on track!!
    L.
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sings "I got my tight pants on" :)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I feel ya on wearing things that don't let me know I'm gaining weight thing. If I'm at work, I'm most likely either wearing a dress or some stretchy pants, and if I'm at home, I'm wearing comfy clothes, workout attire, or yoga clothes (especially in the colder months). I just can't bring myself to wear pants anymore, ahahaha.
  • denise31992
    denise31992 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I did not want to accept that I had gained weight.
    Then my pants did not fit me anymore.

10 months later, 2-3 pairs of jeans are so baggy on me. I still wear them sometimes with a belt so I can remember how far I have come :)
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Truth. When I let it go this summer and regained a bunch of weight, I bought a pair of emergency fat pants. Shouldn't have done that, because it allowed me to go on ignoring the actual problem for many weeks. I'm back in my favorite pair of work pants, and looking to make them too loose.

Good luck, Thumby, on getting some room back in those pants!
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

Lol I did this for several years in a row. I've got a range of 5 different pants sizes in my closet. Fail. Thank god the last size upgrade finally kicked in my head "hey girl...you probably need to check yourself on those portion sizes and exercise."