REMOVE: Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games!!!

mhlew
mhlew Posts: 377 Member
Some of you might call me a Debbie Downer but i'd say the majority of the posts in this section has have NOTHING to do with weight loss. Maybe thats the point of it, but it is annoying to see chat threads come up "would you bone the person above you", "what sport did the person above you play in high school" blah blah blah..

I really wish MFP had an option to just remove this section completely from the feed. It has zero benefit for me, and I think there are a lot of people on here who are not here for weight loss and fitness instead using this section as myspace, or worse yet- Plenty of Fish dating site.

OK that is my rant- I know there is nothing I can do to remove it, but most of you are annoying me!! :)

Replies

• cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    2/10, would not bang.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Maybe you should stop going into Chit Chat?
  • lookinggoodkel
    lookinggoodkel Posts: 1,235 Member
    its a release from the weight losing and have fun x most thread sites you gone on have fun and games why should we here??? You don't need to use this part of site if it upsets you xxx

I was at first using to do my weight but ive made friends by this part and yes some of the treads are mad but we are letting steam off or having a laugh xxx
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    There is no avoiding seeing it on the community feed. The majority of people post on there so I need to weed through them until I can find a subject that actually interests and motivates me.
  • jmurray90
    jmurray90 Posts: 431 Member
    2/10, would not bang.

Sorry OP, I too pass.

Its not me, its you. :smile: :drinker:
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Oh God...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Hmm a post about removing Chit chat, IN the Chit chat section... Yeah I am in. :smokin:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    There is no avoiding seeing it on the community feed. The majority of people post on there so I need to weed through them until I can find a subject that actually interests and motivates me.

Then go into the sub forums and looks around.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    i hope this isnt serious. It is simple just do not click on the chit-chat, fun, and games section.
  • lookinggoodkel
    sorry if you don't like why come on this part??? I didn't use this part until about 3 months ago and I've been on here since jan this year
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Did you mean to post this on the Suggestions board?
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Where would you post your rants then?? huh???
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member

Here's a crazy idea…if you know the subject you're interested in you could do a search for it. Crazy I know…

Also, yes this is a weight loss site, however, while losing weight people need to live their lives too. Living includes connecting, and laughing at things in Chit-Chat, fun and games. So if you don't like it, then don't look at it. Do as I suggested above and search. Or click on the view all forums, then click on the forum you want to go into.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Some of you might call me a Debbie Downer but i'd say the majority of the posts in this section has have NOTHING to do with weight loss. Maybe thats the point of it, but it is annoying to see chat threads come up "would you bone the person above you", "what sport did the person above you play in high school" blah blah blah..

I really wish MFP had an option to just remove this section completely from the feed. It has zero benefit for me, and I think there are a lot of people on here who are not here for weight loss and fitness instead using this section as myspace, or worse yet- Plenty of Fish dating site.

OK that is my rant- I know there is nothing I can do to remove it, but most of you are annoying me!! :)
    Suggestion: don't be friends with people who come into the chit-chat forums or hide their posts from your feed.

There are a lot of people on this website who absolutely use it for weight loss and use this section to meet like-minded people. You don't like it? Who cares.

There isn't anything you can do to remove it and you're annoying the rest of us with your post so the feeling is mutual.

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    lol.

Dang Bro.

MFP is what you make of it.

Lighten up, dude.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    This is necessary. It really is.

ULG7SzR.png
  • lookinggoodkel

Suggestion: don't be friends with people who come into the chit-chat forums or hide their posts from your feed.

There are a lot of people on this website who absolutely use it for weight loss and use this section to meet like-minded people. You don't like it? Who cares.

There isn't anything you can do to remove it and you're annoying the rest of us with your post so the feeling is mutual.

Cheers! :drinker:

well said
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    I think what you should really ask for is the ability to choose what forums you see over to the right. Just because you can't appreciate a little humor to get you through the day doesn't mean everyone is like that. I wish we could get rid of people that don't know how to use the search but I don't ask them to be banned!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Step 1: Rage about CCF&G
    Step 2: Post about how much you hate CCF&G *****IN***** CCF&G
    Step 3: ???????????
    Step 4: Profit
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member

Look!! Look! Shortly you'll be able to do just that! Opt out of parts of the board that don't interest you or have any value to you. Link is below on the coming changes!

Olivia's link to the MFP changes! "Please read this important (and exciting) announcement about our upcoming forum upgrade!" http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1691231
    I'm Sooo with you! To look at 'most recent posts' and only see chat chit and games... :yawn: but...not for long!:bigsmile:

BTW.... I would never call you Debbie, unless of course your name was Debbie! :tongue:

Funny thing ... you're the only one not blocked on this entire thread... when I opened it up.:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.