Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

what to do with green peppers?

2»

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Creole Spaghetti

1 lb smoked turkey sausage, sliced
    2 medium onions, sliced
    2 bell peppers, sliced
    Tony’s Charere’s Cajun Seasoning
    1 jar low fat Pasta Sauce, traditional flavor
    1 box of spaghetti

Bring a large pot of water to boil for the spaghetti. In another large pot, saute onions, peppers and turkey sausage. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Add pasta sauce. bring to a boil and lower heat to just simmering. Cover pot and stir occasionally. Simmer for 15 minutes to let flavors blend and until pasta is done. Drop spaghetti and cook according to package. Drain pasta and toss with some of the sauce. Top with remaining sauce to serve.
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    great ideas! creole spaghetti sounds really good
  • osmium3
    osmium3 Posts: 33
    How paleo do wish to get?

Raw is as paleo as one can likely get. Maybe raw w/mutton..Okay, I admit to being an utter *kitten*. I just snickered at green Bell peppers w/mutton.

Juiced would likely be nearly as healthy. I know of no souls that juice green Bell peppers.

Third most paleo would be lightly steamed. In fact, simply penning this response has ME lightly steamed. Okay, so that's a lie, but you have to get your gags in where one can.

Since everyone else stole ideas from inside my head, I can only add a link to other links at the nexus of paleolithic recipes and green Bell peppers.

Another sort of cool Google search tool is Recipe View the link: http://www.google.com/insidesearch/features/recipes/

Taking it one step further, here is page no. 1 for the following search criteria entered into Recipe View: green+Bell+Peppers+Paleo

https://www.google.com/search?q=green+bell+peppers+paleo&tbs=rcp:1&hl=en&gws_rd=ssl#q=green+bell+peppers+paleo&hl=en&tbm=rcp&filter=0

You'll note the end of the string has this: "&filter=0" That's simply because I wanted you(the OP) to be able to view more than only the first 10 results.

I hope that someone finds the tool both new to them, and useful. After all, isn't that the whole point of sharing stuff on MFP?

Best of success with your new Bell peppers. If you look at the search results, you'll no doubt find too many uses for your bargain pepper bonanza!

On Edit: I simply corrected a spelling error. "Form" and "from" differ decidedly.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Sorry! I missed the paleo friendly part. My apologies.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Sorry! I missed the paleo friendly part. My apologies.

I thought so but I can replace the pasta with spaghetti squash... Still sounds like a good recipe!!!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Thanks for all the new ideas!! Getting excited about my month of green peppers
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    eat them... you should definitely eat them

Very insightful... Thanks for the tip...

:flowerforyou:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Stuff em, or chargrill/fireroast & freeze after cutting into big strips for recipes later on.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    I throw in the blender with a little water, grind up and run through colander and put in ice cube trays and when frozen pop out put in freezer bag and then when you want for soups, hot dishes, take out as many as you want... .
  • NoriDupuis
    NoriDupuis Posts: 26 Member
    you can stuffed then with just about anything meat, rice other veggies
    but my fav thing is to get them roasted off onthe bbq and put them in the frazzer then you can add them to soup and stew ect any time over the winter when pepper are realy expencive
  • NoriDupuis
    NoriDupuis Posts: 26 Member
    eat them... you should definitely eat them

Very insightful... Thanks for the tip...

:flowerforyou:

I am laughing so hard right now
  • ikkinr20
    ikkinr20 Posts: 27 Member
    My mom and I have a habit of getting bunches and cutting them into strips and then freezing them in baggies. They work just great and last so long!
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Cook them with some onion, add shredded chicken, lime juice, and cilantro. I use it for tacos, but it is just as good on its own.