What are the VEGETARIANS and VEGANS eating for dinner tonigh

Options
2»

Replies

• rtjmnz
    rtjmnz Posts: 9
    Options
    I just made myself a delicious wrap/burrito with black beans, lettuce, guacamole,roasted red peppers, tomatoes and a garlic spread on a whole wheat tortilla. If you're vegetarian, you can sprinkle some cheese or sour cream on it. Incredibly easy to make and delicious.
  • brittanymonster
    Options
    I had some whole wheat angel hair, with some canned sauce that I spiced up with home-roasted red peppers, a romaine salad w/ blueberry dressing and radishes, and some olive oil/balsamic vinegar roasted garlic on multigrain crackers.

Oh, and a beer. :D
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    my go to when I don't fel like cooking:
    chickpeas, spinach, diced tomatoes with a little garlic and some flaxseed powder stirred in
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm going to make some sesame ginger fried tofu steaks with loads of garlicky wilted kale.
  • DeannaOnline
    DeannaOnline Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Tonight: Udon Noodles, Miso soup, steamed baby bok choy - one juicy date stuffed with cashew butter for dessert.

Also I have some squash that needs to be cooked so while I'm cooking it for tomorrow I'm sure I will add some to tonight's dinner!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Let's see...last night I had some lentil chili and brown rice. (Oooooh, so good!)

Tonight, I did the breakfast for dinner kind of thing and had steel cut oatmeal and poached eggs.
  • veggiechick2011
    Options
    I won't tell you my dinner last night because it was a bit boring, but I am proud of today's lunch:

Spring Mix salad with a Dr. Praeger's California Burger (heated and cut up).
    A hummus dressing with lemon juice and a bit Himalayan salt, topped with nutritional yeast.
    About a cup of confetti rice (three types of rice mixed with cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, peas, and red peppers -- lots of color, hence the name)
    A bowl of onion leek soup

I really enjoyed this mix of flavors today. For dinner tonight, again, it will be boring, since usually my dinner is on the road and ends up to be just a sandwich or heated up bean burrito.
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i made a smoky split pea soup last night, that i will have as a left over. It's low-fat, low-calories, but packed with protein. I will also have a sandwich or maybe a curry on the side.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian for 2 weeks now and am also looking for recipes! Love the ones given so far!

I LOVE Quorn products- especially the Chik'n Gruyere patties. They are not vegan though and my plan is to lean toward vegan. I barely have any dairy- except cheese is my weakness! My goal is less fake meat products and grains and MORE veggies!

Tonight though, I'll probably have some Spinach mozzarella ravioli's with garlic, onion and sundried tomatoes tossed in extra virgin olive oil and parmesan herb mix on top (got the frozen bag from Costco)

For lunch, I had vegetarian pad thai (frozen) and reheated - also from Costco...excellente!
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Stirfry with tofu, broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper. Drizzled with soy sauce. Delicious! Pan fried with coconut oil.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Eggplant casserole layered with garbanzo beans and fresh spinach! Yum!
  • Braffert
    Options
    Black bean burgers from here: http://www.justhungry.com/black-bean-vegan-miniburgers, with some mushroom rice and a salad.
  • sugarbunnie
    Options
    I had a raw carrot and cucumber sticks; lightly steamed broccoli and asparagus topped with carrot ginger dressing (from epicurious); 1/2c shelled edamame flash sauteed with fresh ginger and a dash each of wheat-free tamari, gluten free teriyaki sauce, and seasoned rice vinegar. desert was a few fresh strawberries with a tiny bit of really fine aged balsamic vinegar. YUM!!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Nothing fancy. I made black bean soup, sprinkled a little daiya cheddar shreds on top and had 1/4 of a bagel.
  • Brian_Collins
    Options
    Eating small portions throughout the day can increase your metabolism!