1000cal deficit, high protein/fat, low carb

Options
Right now I burn about 2600 calories a day, and eat 1600. It changes day to day depending on what my fitbit advises. I've been doing this for about a month, and while my weight gain has stalled, I am not losing any weight. I eat 40p/35f/25c and stick to this pretty well.

I had bulimia for a few years, recovered, ate what ever I wanted, and gained 30 pounds. I am currently at 5'10" 181.1 pounds. I'm trying to lose weight the healthy way, I lift as heavy as I can three times a week, and do at least 40min cardio on top of the fitbit steps. All my measurements are the same as well.

My thyroid is fine, and I'm doing my best to reduce stress in my life. It's frustrating though, not seeing the scale go down at all.

Replies

• hazelnut_
    hazelnut_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing all the right stuff. Well done on your continued recovery from bulimia. :)

That's quite a lot of exercise you're doing -- are you taking body measurements? You may be losing fat and gaining muscle, so the number on the scale stays more or less the same, but your body is getting smaller.

You could also lower your calorie intake a little, say to 1500 from its current 1600, and see if that helps nudge the scale in the direction you want.

Good luck!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Have you been doing yoyo dieting before? Your metabolic rate may be repressed. If that is the case, you'll need to reverse diet. Is the 1600 cal/day your total intake, or are you eating back more calories from exercise?

Allan
  • burdekmm
    Options
    The 2600 average I burn a day is my bmr and workouts/ instrument practice. The calculation is based on my fitbit & mfp. No matter how much I burn during the day, I've been eating at 1000 calorie deficit this last month. So my average daily total is 2600cal burned a day, 1600cal intake.