How much of vegetables do you have each day?

Options
I eat 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of vegetables a day, I've found this quite useful for suppressing appetite, I'm curious how much other people have daily. Thanks.

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of veggies too. I love them, my body loves them and they're very satisfying.
    I use lots if spices and olive oil and I eat them with fish or chicken generally.
    Sometimes I put some pesto on them-very tasty!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    a lot

3-5 servings
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Not as much as I should, that's for sure
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    1 cup of veggies with breakfast ..... sauteed peppers & onions with eggs, for instance

2 cups for lunch ...... a chopped veggie salad with lean roast beef or turkey breast

2 cups for dinner ..... roasted veggies with fish or chicken

And raw veggies with hummus for snacks :drinker:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I aim for at least 1 Ib a day, preferably more.
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sometimes hardly any, other times none. I keep working on it
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    varies a lot, but I do try to get 3-5 servings/day
  • pastelrosedream
    Options
    I try to have up to or sometimes past 5 servings daily. I really don't go by the constant changing recommendation of servings that we're told that we need. I just go by what I am able to eat. I have pasta as dinner every night and that's something I can get a lot of vegetables into, plus I love it. I switch up here and there but that is my staple. :)
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    500-600 G's per day.
  • MyMalfunction7
    MyMalfunction7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat between 400 and 600 grams of vegetables, but could be more or less, depending. Eating a lot of vegetables is instinctual and enjoyable enough at this point that I don't enforce a strict number of servings or anything - I know my weekly vegetable intake will average out to a very high number.

Edit: I just added up the vegetable amounts on what I would call a relatively normal/slightly high vegetable intake day, and I ate over 1200 grams of vegetables, so I don't actually know what my average is
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of vegetables a day, I've found this quite useful for suppressing appetite, I'm curious how much other people have daily. Thanks.

That's a lot.

I eat around 300-350 grams, in 3-5 servings. I feel that vegetables don't so much suppress appetite, as actually nourish me, and I like that.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh, count, measure....so I'll go by a more general measure. I have a big serving with breakfast many days. I have a salad the size of my head most days for lunch, and I have one or two sides with dinner.

And sometimes I snack on vegetables as well.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    A varied diet, is important for a healthy lifestyle. My protein intake is 70-100g a day. Carbs are usually twice the amount, sometimes more. Coconut water/tomatoes, onions, and spinach are used almost daily. I generally don't think about it, but maybe, I should.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I try for 5 servings. Sometimes I end up eating 2 pounds of it.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I have a big salad for dinner most nights, that's it.