Easy Crock Pot Recipes

Options
I recently started using my crock pot more often.....The other day I put some boneless chicken breast in the crock pot with fat free cream of chicken soup. I added garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. When i got home from work, I made some Smart Choice egg noodles and it was super yummy..... I am looking for some more yummy meals like this.

Replies

• LastCupOfSorrow
    LastCupOfSorrow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That sounds good. I'm looking for more of these kinds of recipes, too.

Also, is it okay to leave a slow cooker on for 10 hours while I'm at work? I'm new to the whole crock pot thing, and I'm terrified that I'm going to burn my house down.
  • MelissaBoquet
    MelissaBoquet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I leave it all day while I am at work. Just make sure to leave it on low.
  • rosepeppercreek
    rosepeppercreek Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things is to add a pork tenderloin, 1 cup hoisin, 1-2 cups low sodium chicken broth, 1 thumb of ginger (chopped), about 8 garlic cloves (chopped). Couple hours on high or more on low. Makes a delicious shredded pork for tacos or a salad (add cilantro, lime, and cabbage).
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Check out pinterest and livestrong for crock pot recipes. I've just started using my crock pot Sunday and now have a bunch to try.
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    crock pots are AWESOME!

I make what I call "Lazy Lady's Onion soup" (VEGAN, serves 6) .... 5-6 onions, sliced in rings or rainbows, separated out and placed in crock pot. Drizzle with olive oil (1-2 TBSP), 2 TBSP cooking sherry or brandy (optional), 1 TBSP mustard, sprinkle of salt, sprinkle of pepper

Place on low heat for about 6 hrs until onions break down and carmelize. Add 6 c. veggie broth, let heat through for about another hour.
    Serve individual bowls garnished with croutons (homemade or purchased) and a sprinkle of shredded asiago & parm cheeses.

SO GOOOD!!!!!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    crock pots are AWESOME!

I make what I call "Lazy Lady's Onion soup" (VEGAN, serves 6) .... 5-6 onions, sliced in rings or rainbows, separated out and placed in crock pot. Drizzle with olive oil (1-2 TBSP), 2 TBSP cooking sherry or brandy (optional), 1 TBSP mustard, sprinkle of salt, sprinkle of pepper

Place on low heat for about 6 hrs until onions break down and carmelize. Add 6 c. veggie broth, let heat through for about another hour.
    Serve individual bowls garnished with croutons (homemade or purchased) and a sprinkle of shredded asiago & parm cheeses.

SO GOOOD!!!!!

That sounds yummy!
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things is to add a pork tenderloin, 1 cup hoisin, 1-2 cups low sodium chicken broth, 1 thumb of ginger (chopped), about 8 garlic cloves (chopped). Couple hours on high or more on low. Makes a delicious shredded pork for tacos or a salad (add cilantro, lime, and cabbage).

This sounds so good! Definitely going to try this soon.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    crock pots are AWESOME!

Great idea!
  • MelissaBoquet
    Options
    All of these sound super yummy!! :smile:
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Now that summer is over, I usually cook at least 2 meals per week in my crock pot. I get a lot of ideas off of Pinterest, Budget Bytes & Skinny Taste.

Here is one of my favorite crock pot recipes:

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/07/taco-chicken-bowls

Enjoy! :)
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love putting a whole chicken in the crock pot before I leave for work. Put aluminum foil balls in the crock pot, you want the chicken lifted so it drips. I actually wrap potatoes or sweet potatoes in foil and put those on the bottom. Season your chicken as you please and put on top of foil. I leave at 7:30 am and put it on low and when I get home around 5:30 it is done. it is falling off the bone, the family loves it.
    Also we like taco chicken. I put 4/5 frozen chicken breasts in crockpot and I add a packet of taco seasoning, a cup of salsa, a cup of frozen corn, a can of black beans. and you can add anything else you like. Cook all day on low and then when I get home I shred the chicken and put it back in and then we make tacos, rice bowls or what ever we please.
  • MelissaBoquet
    Options
    That sounds super yummy!! What do you suppose the nutritional information would be?
  • MelissaBoquet
    Options
    Those sound super yummy!! I will definitely do that. I'm not a fan of black beans so I will leave them out.