Protein Sources

Options
bokaba
bokaba Posts: 171 Member
I was wondering what suggestions you might have for reaching my 124g of protein per day goal. What foods are high in protein, but lower in calories as to not exceed my calorie limitation?

Replies

• jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    All protein is going to give you 4 calories/gram. Lean meats will give you the best ratio of protein:fat such as chicken breast, venison, pork tenderloin, certain cuts of lamb aren't too bad either. When picking out meats at the store or butcher be sure to choose cuts with less white stuff (fat) or trim it off yourself.
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Here are a few suggestions:

Egg whites
    Chicken
    Lean beef
    Fish
    Protein Powder/bars
    Greek Yogurt
    Tofu
    Cottage Cheese
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love Nature Harvest Breads... Highest in protein, lowest in calories (for their lite bread) and a good source of carbs! Just another suggestion...
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    for my post work out snack I just had , 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt mixed with half a scoop of vanilla whey and a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter. 250 calories and 30 grams of protein
  • RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump for info!
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem in getting my protein for the day. I'm supposed to get 125g. I eat a lot of hard boiled eggs as my snacks throughout the day (so I'm averaging about 4 whole eggs per day). Otherwise, I'm eating chicken breasts and pork chops for lunches and dinners. Breakfast is a protein shake/smoothie.