Running Stroller

Would it be weird to put a 3 and a half year old in a running stroller? yes random question i know:blushing:

Replies

• No I have 3 kids and the last two I walked and jogged in a jogging stroller until my daughter was 4 and my youngest is going to be three in two weeks and I'll have him there another 1to 2 yrs more it helps me out cuz I don't have a babysitter to watch my youngest so for me there's no excuse I feed him and then we go do 4 miles in the morning and he does great
    .... Hope I helped good luck God Bless
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    No I have 3 kids and the last two I walked and jogged in a jogging stroller until my daughter was 4 and my youngest is going to be three in two weeks and I'll have him there another 1to 2 yrs more it helps me out cuz I don't have a babysitter to watch my youngest so for me there's no excuse I feed him and then we go do 4 miles in the morning and he does great
    .... Hope I helped good luck God Bless

It's tough when you don't have a babysitter, so you gotta do what you gotta do.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    im looking to get one for my 9 year old

she likes the scenery but with her cerebral palsy she cant join me for more than a very very short distance

she cant ride a bike either because of it so a jogging pushchair it is!
  • csec6pak
    csec6pak Posts: 54 Member
    Please don't run with your kid on a tricycle. I can only hope that the person suggesting that doesn't have kids. That is so dangerous. Walking, yes. Running, abso-freaking-lootly not. Jogging strollers have a lot of safety features built in that make them stable and safe for running. You should never run with anything other than a stroller that was built for that purpose.

I have a BOB Duallie and I run with my 2 year old and 6 year old. Yes, a 6 year old is too old for a stroller at the mall. But not for a 5 mile run. She isn't big/strong enough to run with me, and I don't always have someone to watch the kids while I work out. Besides, she's been riding along with my on runs since she was an infant and she LOVES it. She'd be so disappointed if she couldn't come. We spend whole Saturdays running around to different parks, checking out scenic trails, having a picnic. It is one of my favorite things to do with my kids and I'll cry the day she is truly too big for it.
  • DragonflyBoudica
    DragonflyBoudica Posts: 28 Member
    it's ok as long as you use a stroller made for jogging. Kids love going for the ride.
  • DragonflyBoudica
    DragonflyBoudica Posts: 28 Member
    My youngest child just turned 4. She's very light & fits in the running strollers safely. I recommend following the running stroller's safety recommendations for weight and height.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    I can only hope that the person suggesting that doesn't have kids.

0_0 Wow. No need to make fun of my condition. I'm just giving suggestions.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    My daughter is going on 4 and although she doesn't want to ride in her stroller much anymore, I certainly don't think it's weird. I still pull her in the wagon on occasion and she loves to ride in a little trailer that attaches to my husband's bike when we go cycling. Like someone said, you have to do what you have to do!
  • Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    I think the poster above makes a good suggestion of using a push-style tricycle if maybe you're going for a walk. I'm all for having the kids be active and involved. But for running, 100% agree to invest in a good stroller meant for running. I have one that holds up to 77lbs. If my 3 year old didn't go in the stroller, I wouldn't be able to run. I don't always have a sitter either. Since I want her to be active as well, of course we do other activities where she's not just strapped in. But for running, there's nothing wrong with using a stroller for older kids if they can't keep up in some other way.
  • jannthompson
    jannthompson Posts: 23 Member
    I don't find it strange. I have a 3.5 yo and I use a jogging stroller for her.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,010 Member
    No way. I run w my 3.5 yo and 2 yo all the time. I have the BOB Revolution and love it.
  • csec6pak
    csec6pak Posts: 54 Member
    I've no idea what your condition is, but your suggestion was dangerous and I hope you are not in the position to use it on a child.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    I've no idea what your condition is, but your suggestion was dangerous and I hope you are not in the position to use it on a child.

I'll use it on my invisible child :)