Starting over again

Options
I'm Sandy from Ca. I am 47 and married and a stayed at home mom. I have been planning to losing weight for the past year, but I wasn't really serious about it....until i ended up in the emergency room from as yet unknown chest pains. I'm attempting to go from my current weight of 247 pounds to 140 pounds. I need all the help and encouragement I can get as I deal with being tired and out of breath most of the time which doesn't make it easy to exercise, but I'm trying to workout 3 times a week for 30 mins a day. I was on here before a long time ago and did good for a while. After taking time off and having a few setbacks I am trying to get back on track again. I plan on staying within calorie and take it one day at a time. I am hoping to find support and motivating from others. Any advice would be helpful.....

Replies

• AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy. I'm Amanda from PA and I'm also a stay at home mom. I've been on and off of here all the time. I start doing really good and think I can do it on my own then have a setback. Get upset because of that setback gain back most of my weight. Feel depressed and I'm right back here. But the point is I keep coming back. This time I'm staying back. I got enough health problems that this extra weight isn't helping.
    I lost 25 lbs within 2 months with exercising a few times a week. Because as you know it's hard enough for us moms to get a toilet break by ourselves let alone do any exercising until dad gets home...maybe. I found as long as you stick to the calories given to you and not go over them you'll be fine. Everyone on here likes to play doctor and every one thinks they are right. I'd rather go to google or my own doctor for questions and answers.
    Well welcome. I'm glad to meet you. I know you'll do awesome. I'll be here for any help or support you need!
  • hmccullough72
    hmccullough72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy!
    Welcome back :) I use to weigh 245 and my goal is 145, and I've been stuck at 179 for a long time, so I'm with ya! I promise the breathing it will get better as you get more fit. Just do the best you can while you're working out and just keep going. You don't know how many times I've paused a workout video or just walked when I wanted to be running. Just keep going, just keep moving - you can do it!
    - H
  • Tryingforbalance
    Tryingforbalance Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Me too I'm back again ... one of these times it will work. I just know it will. Sending a friend request. Welcome back!! :flowerforyou:
  • sandyhalpern
    sandyhalpern Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I try to get back on track by exercising I ended up pulling a muscle or something. I did one of my fitness videos called total body cardio fix and now my side is killing me to the point I was in the ER for it. I swear can things get any worst. It like my body telling me not to exercise you know.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    When I try to get back on track by exercising I ended up pulling a muscle or something. I did one of my fitness videos called total body cardio fix and now my side is killing me to the point I was in the ER for it. I swear can things get any worst. It like my body telling me not to exercise you know.

You need to get the right mindset and then tackle this with a decent amount of planning and prep. In your plan you need to understand what you are doing and why plus what you expect to achieve. Look at how you have gone about things in the past, what were the most difficult aspects, where did it fall apart and why. You then need to decide how you are going to deal with those issues.

Does it follow a pattern of being enthusiastic at the beginning then stalling?

I would suggest you get yourself a food scale.
    Start logging and recording accurately what you consume, with no limit if need be..
    Get used to the forums and read many of the stickies plus what peoples common problems are such as "Why am I not losing weight"?
    Understand what exercise you will do? Perhaps the work out videos are too strenuous to start with and you might be better starting at a slower pace, walking or swimming are good. You can progress onto something more demanding later. Exercise is more about becoming fitter and healthier. Weight loss is more about calorie control.

Decide how many calories you will be trying to stick to and if possible decide what your diet is going to look like in terms of meals and sorts of foods you will be eating. Its creating the calorie deficit that will be the most important factor for weight loss.

Your plan needs to be realistic and sustainable.

Decide on your targets. Why not just go for a 7lb 1oz weight loss by the end of October?
  • paulishaprintup
    Options
    I'm back at it again also :) hopefully this will be the last time for all us! Good luck everyone!!! Add me if you need support or would like to help support me