My first NSV for a long time

Options
Memowe
Memowe Posts: 137 Member
One of the groups I'm in set out a challenge to walk/run one mile. I'm used to long walks lasting an hour or two, but this was only one mile. So I walked it, uphill, and when I reached the flat stretch of neighborhood I ran. I felt a bit silly, not going very fast, but I did it. I haven't run since I was a elementary kid, even then It was more of a walk/jog. But today I ran, just for a bit, and it was liberating to me. I've always chalked myself to never being able to run, to be a walker or a biker for the rest of my life. But since starting MFP I decided that if people can lose 100-200 pounds here, than I can try to run. Thank you all for giving me motivation to try. And my hip doesn't even hurt!

Replies

• ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Great job! :)
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Thats something to be proud of. Gold stars for you ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
  • Memowe
    Memowe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :flowerforyou: I'm just elated that I did it!
  • mikeyrs
    mikeyrs Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Another NSV.... Outstanding job! Keep it up.... \o/ \o/ \o/
  • realwildchild
    Options
    Congratulations! I too have never thought of myself as a runner, but now that I've gotten started I find that I really enjoy it. It's a wonderful feeling to surprise yourself like that.
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Nice
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Let that kid in you out again sometime. It's amazing what we can do :flowerforyou:
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    As someone who just also just started to run the other day, HELL YEAH!!!!

It's pretty awesome to realize that you can do it.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Remember that old Christmas cartoon where they sing "Put one foot in front of the other....and soon you'll be running/jogging down the road" Or something like that ;)
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping some day to run as well. Tried it once when I was about 25....got about 30 ft and fell and ripped my leggings and cut my knee...cried from wounded pride......and never tried again. Now I'm much heavier....much older....but last week I dreamt that I was running and I was so happy...and I just wanted to run and never stop. Maybe some day I'll get brave like you!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!! Sounds like you'll be a regular runner real soon. Go you!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :) i love running. Im terrible at it. I cant go very far before i need to rest (like less than 1/4 mile). But still it is liberating to run.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Such a great feeling!! Free to be you!! Enjoy it!! Kutgw!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!