Living near famous people

Options
Neliel
Neliel Posts: 507 Member
Anyone live near anyone famous? I so happen to live near Robert Lindsay (from the show My Family) and Cilla Black.
It was also exciting to hear that Robert Lindsay is now a regular customer at my friend's hair salon where I get my hair cut too!

Replies

• nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The famous author Fern Micheals lives in the same town as me. My mom used to work at the salon she went to and had her sign one of her books.
  • WhiteStar2351
    Options
    Live near Nicholas Lyndhurst here! Met him a few times at various places but he's rather anti-social and doesn't like being disturbed.
  • BabyCakesJodie
    Options
    i live round the corner from a Derby footballer..does that count as famous?? haha
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    I used to live next to Hank Williams Jr.. and Kid Rock used to come visit all the time, he would go hang out in local bars and stuff..pretty neat.
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I live near the author Stephen King. See him and/or his wife Tabitha around town every so often.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Living in the Charlotte, NC area pretty much everyone involved in NASCAR and Micheal Jordon just bought a condo less the a mile from my work. Kathy Rietch (the author the Bones tv show is based on) teaches at UNC Charlotte. I am sure there are more just can't think of them off hand.

Back when I lived in Minneapolis I met Prince, and Daunte Culpepper.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I live near the author Stephen King. See him and/or his wife Tabitha around town every so often.

AMAZING! HE is one of my fave authors!!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well, I live in (South-West) London, sooooo.... yes, but I don't know who 99% are! The Wikipedia entry of my suburb has an entire section on famous residents. What tickles me most is that apparently Tim Berners-Lee is a neighbour.

Where I lived before, sometimes you could see Bill Bailey take his sone to school or activities and always looking supremely grumpy and forbidding.
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    i live round the corner from a Derby footballer..does that count as famous?? haha

Not after the forest result, no! hahaha
  • HilaryB1982
    Options
    Johnny Depp has a house in Lymington, not far from me! I've never seen him though! :-( Lol
  • DanL66712
    DanL66712 Posts: 135
    Options
    I live near Dizzee Rascal...not sure that counts...

Oh! And my parent's house is just down the road from Jenson Button's new home in Guernsey!
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    We just discovered that Oprah's half sister lives in Milwaukee, who knew?
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    my kids piano teacher know Mike Rowes (the host from Dirty Jobs) brother, he's a chef around here.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Johnny Depp has a house in Lymington, not far from me! I've never seen him though! :-( Lol

Johnny Depp was filming latest 'Pirates......' film in Knole Park when we were jogging there recently....didn't see him tho' :sad:

Peter Sissons & Gloria Hunniford (saw her in Tesco once) both live in Sevenoaks, and Cheryl Baker (Bucks Fizz) lives about 5 miles away & is regularly in the local paper.
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options

AMAZING! HE is one of my fave authors!!

me too!!!!! i hear he is a little on the odd side, but look at the books he writes...
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    I live 8 miles from the border of Mx...the Zetta's and the drug cartel live there....how's that!
    They're pretty famous down here!
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    my kids piano teacher know Mike Rowes (the host from Dirty Jobs) brother, he's a chef around here.
  • Bmorrow
    Options
    We love Mike...that's funny!
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    He doesn't live here anymore, but Michael Moore is from the city I live in. His Dad still lives here in town and I see him pretty often!
  • binsylad
    Options
    Paul O Grady / Lily Savage lives close by......Spotted at the local Hospital fairly frequently oh and Razor Ruddock (Ex liverpool footballer ) and his former Page 3 Girlfriend.

Mike :laugh:
    Kent
    UK