From being a Zero to Wearing a ZERO

Options
Ok all!!1 I started my fitness journey almost one year ago. And I have to say that my life feels so much more worth living. Yes, I look and feel better phsically, but my heart has grown in size also. I started out February 1st, 2010 weighing it at 198lbs and very unhappy. I had gotten P90x for Christmas from my mother in law (I had requested it =p). Due to weather I couldn't get the gift quick enough and finally this time last year, we visited and I got my life changing material. Something about this time of my life and that box full of opporunity brought out such a glow in me. I didnt go about thinking, "I hope this works" I went in it thinking I can't wait to see my results. Yes I had went thru my rough doubtful patches especailly with a kitchen remodel and cooking only with a microwave and an electric skillet for almost 3 weeks. But I pushed on and it made me stronger. My first 90 days I went down 40lbs and from a size 14/16 to surpassing my goal of a 10 to wearing an 8. Ok that pushed me harder and harder so I started round 2 and another 90 days of fabulous work paid off. ROund 3 down and then I started Insanity. Ok I finiahed Insanity and was wearing a size 2. Now 4 weeks into my P90x/Insanity hybrid and I am wearing a size 0 and thats not the biggest accomplishment I have made. I am a BeachBody coach and I help others accomplish their goals thru motivational words. Being a coach is the best thing I have done for myself and others in a long time. If you need support I would love to help you also.

Replies

• shawana4
    Options
    hi your story is amazing and i'm so proud of you. I just started my journey and would love for you to be in my corner supporting me on the way to my success. I want to do the P90X but i can't aford it so i have the XBOX kinect biggest loser and i'm doing that.
  • savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME, you go girl. It's great to hear success storie sto know we're not the only ones out there who doubt our self success in weigh loss. Your story is inspirational and I thank you for telling it.
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and congrats on your success. I just started the P90X program. My goal is 50 pounds. I have a coworker who is a beach body coach so he is a great inspiration as well. Congrats again!
  • forttc
    forttc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What a great story, you give us hope. I've been working at it 15 days now and it's wonderful to hear a success story and know that this will all be worth it. Thank you.
  • dpulum
    dpulum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspirational and awesome! I was just whining a minute ago because I hurt all over...I've been doing turbojams to try to get into shape and get the weight off. Thanks so much for telling your story and congrats on making the move to do something to reclaim yourself. :)
  • SMJ64
    SMJ64 Posts: 66
    Options
    I take objection to your title "From being a Zero to Wearing a Zero".

No overweight person is a zero and neither were you. In fact, that "zero" is the one who facilitated your journey to where you are now. Give her some credit please.

thanks
    s.
  • caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I take objection to your title "From being a Zero to Wearing a Zero".

No overweight person is a zero and neither were you. In fact, that "zero" is the one who facilitated your journey to where you are now. Give her some credit please.

thanks
    s.

i thought it was a catchy, clever title. i took no offense at all. she was not calling all overweight people "zeros". but face it, we all have had moments when we didn't feel like a million bucks! chances are thats why most of us are here.... to look and feel like a million bucks, not a "zero".
  • mama2pax
    Options
    Great success story! This further convinces me not to despise the day of small beginnings!
  • shellzerinpa
    shellzerinpa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you follow the P90X diet or your own?
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    I never once was saying that overweight people are zeros, I felt like a zero and quite honestly needed a change. I wanted to offer support to anyone that needs it to because my coach helped me so m uch. No one is a zero!!!
  • tvanderberg
    Options
    That sounds great....I watched the infomercial and I think that if I tried to do the video, I'd pass the hell out. I'm happi for you and your sucess!
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    I followed the basic concepts of the meal plan but not strictly because i cant deal with restrictions like that. I dont feel diets work and thats what it felt like to me so I started making very healthy choices.
  • hendricks1309
    Options
    That is an amazing story and very inspiring!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    That is fabulous!!

I love p90x, sadly I can not do it. Some how I hurt my wrist and doing pushups and putting pressure on it hurts. Dr's have no clue what is wrong with it...for the most part if I don't use it like that it doesn't hurt but sometimes it still does :( I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do p90x all the way through. (got through one week before I couldn't do a pushup because of pain)

I'm currently doing TurboJam...LOVE that too :) Once I hit my goal I'm going to get her TurboFire...or when I get our tax return, haven't decided yet lol.
  • Teamfiregrace
    Options
    I am SO excited about your results!!!!! I am just amazed at your transformation and want you to know that I look up to you in fitness and nutrition. I am where you started at now so maybe this time next year I will be back to a size 6 or even a 4!!

Good job!
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    Thanks all!!! I hope that I can help get others motivate to get in shape. It truely has changed my life so much!!!! This site is the best!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Congrats but B & A photos will make us truly believe. Thanks!
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    I dont know how to add them on here
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!