new to chat.

Options
Hi all

I have been on here for a few weeks but need a little chat time from now on. Posted on FB today and a "friend" insult me by making fun of my weight lose. Did not think it would bother me this much...but it has...so there you go. I need to have support at this time not insults and I think you guys will be great at the support from all I have read so far!!

Please, feel free to add me as a friend!!

Tammy :)

Replies

• cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    "Friends" can be very harsh sometimes!!! SOmetimes you wonder why they are freinds in the first place!
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    FB us the devil... People there just don't seem to get it.... Keep on posting here! the love is out there I promise!!!
  • HrdWorkingMom
    Options
    FB us the devil... People there just don't seem to get it.... Keep on posting here! the love is out there I promise!!!

Yeah, MFP the anti-FB.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi,your gonna be fine here,just support,support and more support all the way.Good Luck.
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, Nobody will insult you on here - you will only get help and support! Good luck!
  • shelbydleal
    Options
    WOW!!! You have lost 32lbs?!?!?! You are ROCKIN!!!! What an accomplishment! I hope to be there soon! Dude, keep it up and you’ll be where you want in no time! And as far as your “friend” the block button is just a click away! LOL!
  • Todd08
    Todd08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like much of a friend! Looks like your doing great!
  • mary1028
    mary1028 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It is so amazing that sometimes it is friends and FAMILY who seem to our worse enemies. I think that when my daughter lost her weight, although I was thrilled for her, if I was honest I would admit that I felt threatened by it too. It open doors for her and maybe I felt being overweight myself I would be left behind or something. Know it sounds crazy but true. Just remember you are doing this for yourself and maybe you will be an inspiration to them down the road. my daughter was to me. Sounds like you are definitely doing that, Don't let the little stuff derail you.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share my success with my friends on Facebook and posted a picture of how many jean sizes I lost and I got a very rude comment from my husbands cousin so I don't post any pictures of my weight loss journey on there anymore. The people here are very supportive and are all here for the same reason so I feel comfortable sharing stuff. Congrats on all your successes! You are doing great!!
  • Cbaker5156
    Cbaker5156 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree with the FB comments. There not very supportive. Those th
    at are truly your friends will be supportive, but others just wanna get a laugh and that hurts. So I don't post anything from here on FB. Even though it is a HUGE SUCCESS for us to loose weight and be healthy.

Just keep with your MFP pals and you will get all the love and support needed.. Promise...
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Jealousy can be an ugly thing and it sounds like this so-called "friend" is trying to bring you down. Don't fall for it! You're doing great and they can kiss your smaller-than-before booty! If they can find it, that is!
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im on facebook also but would never think to post the things i can here and get such love and support....those on fb just don't understand how hard it is sometimes but if you ever need someone to pick you up and tell you you are doing an awesome job....just turn to mfp.....the friends you make here will support you cause they understand. We all have had to take that first step....but you can do it....anyone on here will help...and not make rude comments. you can do it!!! best of luck on your weight loss journey!!! its a marathon not a sprint! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That's awful! Some "friend".

Nevertheless, the insult - although hard to hear - says more about your friend and her insecurity than it does about you or your weight loss (which, by the way, is awesome!!!)
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The beauty of FB is the delete button. I enjoy FB. If someone can't be supportive of you on there and certainly when it's something personal and important to you, well then...I say DELETE!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    yea delete those in your life and fb who arent supportive. mfp is full of great supportive people