Nerdiness & Fitness friends :)

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Started as a nerd at 19 and still am nerdy at 50. But I'm a buff nerd.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 1992mittens13
    1992mittens13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    So my name is Ashley. Feel free to add me :)
    This is my ump-teenth time on here. Literally.
    My first time around, was great.
    I had a large, supportive, active, and encouraging group of friends on here, and I managed to start losing.
    Then life got busy, I transitioned to college, and lost track of it all.
    So, I am back, and making sure that I keep this as my homepage, so I can't possibly forget.
    Facts about me :
    - I am in college, online.
    - I am turning 22 this year.
    - I work part time.
    - I have been renting for a few years, but finally have a place alone (therefore, I can make ALL the food decisions now.)
    I am just looking to add a bunch of supportive friends, and help each other along our journeys.
    I don't care if you have 5 pounds, 10 pounds, or 200 pounds to lose.
    I don't care if you want to maintain, increasing your fitness, gaining weight, or what.
    Support is support, we are all on different journeys and that's okay!
    My Stats:
    - I am 315 pounds. It makes me cringe to think of that, I remember crying at 200.
    - I want to get to the 150 - 175 mark, BUT my goal is health, not a number.
    - Physically, my body hates me. I'm 21 and can't walk for 10 minutes without being in pain and out of breath.
    - My knees are like a 50 year olds.
    - I can't do stairs without being out of breath.
    - Running just doesn't happen.
    - I litterally feel my heart rate go up just getting out of bed.
    This NEEDS TO CHANGE.
    I will be writing many blogs, and such, as I love to write.
    And would love to start this journey with your help!
    ALL AND ANY ADVICE IS ALWAYS 100% appreciated.
    This time, I will post photos, public my diary, and accept all advice.. I know that I have to be accountable for my actions, I can't hide and pretend those 2 chocolate bars didn't just happen.

- Ashley :)
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey! The calling of the nerd has beckoned me forth! lol! l'm a nerd too: Star Trek, computers and new technologies, VW role-playing games... l'm the type that goes to a Star Trek museum in Second Life and thinks that's the coolest thing ever. lol! Ohhhh... and l'm learning Blender on my lonesome, love MOOCs, even played around in MUDs, and l play Magic... different geekiness but still quite there. lol
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hi all feel free to add....

I am also a nerd...been playing video games all my life, especially online..wow, ever quest, UO, SL,. I've played a bunch.
    Currently playing Destiny on PS3, fun so far and Magic 2015 on my kindle.
    'ReReading the earthsea series (among other things), wanted to revisit books I loved as a kid.
  • tracypurple
    tracypurple Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also a total nerd and in need of friends... I added the op and would love for anyone else to add me...
  • JoeyB56
    JoeyB56 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nerds unite!
    I'm a fellow IT'er. Not a gamer, hope that doesn't disqualify me hehehe

I've have never been a runner, always hated running, but somehow I'm in a Couch to 5K program with the 5K happening on November 2, only 5 weeks away - eek! I'm determined to finish the race

Got a charge out of the image on the ops weight tracker, perfect avatar for a nerd
  • Choboman
    Choboman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Another nerd here (gamer, sci-fi/fantasy reader), . Everyone feel free to add.
  • Shokei
    Shokei Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 16718172.png
  • Nikki_Yaz
    Nikki_Yaz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel like I know you already being the wife of an IT jack of all trades and being a gamer, comic book hero nut, and cartoon freak. :P My hubby, 3rd son and I jumped on the fitness board last April. My eldest, second eldest and his fiance have recently joined the fight against fat as well. Family motivation rules!

:) It's nice to meet you then! I'm happy to have you as a friend on this adventure!!! It's awesome having family on board as well it makes things soo much more inspiring and motivating!
  • GunbunnyFuFu
    GunbunnyFuFu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Fellow nerd here! Gamer, IT fix-it kind of person, comic book/sci-fi lover. Feel free to add me!

GB
  • rebeccal01
    rebeccal01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bookworm, sci-fi, fanfic geek and proud. I also just happen to like being active. I can't seem to find that happy medium with guys. Feel free to add me. I need nerdy friends.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're doing great!

I'm a nerd and my children are hardcore anime/manga fanatics and now we're all brainwashing . . . ummm, I mean introducing my granddaughter to many wonderfully nerdy things.

Add me if you like because I know I already find your success an inspiration.
  • KMW1219
    KMW1219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Well, I wouldn't call myself a gamer but there are a few games that I play often. I played WOW for 7 years but I no longer do. Im busy a lot now so I just play COD or team fortress 2 if I have time :) Im more into books and stuff like harry potter and lord of the rings! :)

Im just starting back on here today and I'm in need of new friends. Feel free to add me!
  • Makhai_
    Makhai_ Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We are so in! Feel free to add.
  • GEMINI_STL
    GEMINI_STL Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Ms. Nikki_Yaz, a pleasure to meet you. I am sure there are many of us "nerdy" people out here. LOL! I to work in the IT field. I am a gamer as well, even though I had to step back for a while and come back down to reality, per say! :-) We have a few common interests as well, I love Cartoon, Technology, photography, crime solving shows/dramas, some sci-fi, sports, working out, and probably the worse of them all...food! LOL! But we're here to support each other and it sounds like you're off to a fantastic beginning. I will be sending a friend request, don't be decline because I don't like rejection! :-)
  • shannonc04
    Options
    love movies and games too!! feel free to add me!! love watching anime and reading manga too!! always looking for more friends to help support and motivate each other!!
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm all about nerdiness...feel free to add me =)