muscle gain??

Options
So history is I am 5'5 178 pounds. Suffer from PPCOS, live a sedentary life desk Job etc. I started cardio daily about 4 weeks ago starting at 10-15 minutes twice a day to currently continuous 50-80 minutes daily. I have lost no weight. I have lost 3 inches around my rib cage and jeans are slightly loser but not a lot. I know muscle weighs more than fat but can I gain enough muscle to offset weight loss in 4 weeks?

Replies

• steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi, what is your calorie intake like, there needs to be a deficet in calories in order to reduce weight, exercise alone will not work.
  • warrenbeast
    Options
    You have already made the biggest decision by strating.

Muscle takes awhile to grow, try adding strenth training, even just body weight exercise such as squats, lunges, push ups etc.
    Give it time, this isn't a sprint it is way of life ;)
    You will see results.
    Eat clean, count the calories, eat nutrional valuable calories and drink plebty of water.
  • lovmyguy
    Options
    Yes. I forgot to list that I am Bert strict about netting 800-900 calories daily
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Yes. I forgot to list that I am Bert strict about netting 800-900 calories daily

Well ... then there is no way in hell you're gaining appreciable muscle mass nor are you following how MFP is set up.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Exclusive of exercise you currently need around 1800-1900 calories to maintain your weight. Bring your base calories up to around 1300 and eat back your exercise calorie and you'll lose weight ( and mostly fat) consistently.

Tl;dr: YOU'RE NOT DOING THE PROGRAM