How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I usually weigh myself every week and I'm curious to know if this is too much?

How often do you weigh in?

:smile:

Replies

• markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    weekly , check measurements at the same time and if heading in the wrong direction, use my calipers to give a rough idea on bf% too
  • dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Almost everyday! Which most people disapprove of but, for me, I'm either caring about my weight or really really NOT caring. I gain weight during long periods of time not weighing myself. So I check in everyday, knowing that the reckoning is coming in the morning helps me behave through out the day. I don't get upset about the little fluctuations though. And I don't weigh myself or count calories during my angry lady time.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I weigh and take measurements weekly, every Friday morning.......hop on the scale and then take body measurements.
  • Natashalou15
    Natashalou15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, Don't feel like i'm doing it too much now!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I just weigh daily after i wake up and gone to the bathroom. If i am down then i log and move on if not then i don't log and move on.
  • Adiemus200
    Adiemus200 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates a lot so I went from weighing myself twice a week to once every three weeks or sometimes four. I go by how I feel these days and how my clothes fit, I should probably take measurements but I don’t.
    When I weighed more frequently I used to get frustrated when I gained in a week eating at a calorie deficit and then the following week I would lose what I gained the previous week and an extra pound on top of that despite eating the same and doing plenty of exercise. It messed with my head and I would get demotivated when I gained even though I knew it was probably down to my weight fluctuating.
  • pangepange
    pangepange Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day because I have a wi-if scale and I love having a really clear picture of fluctuations. I tend not to look at the charts on MFP, but instead sync it with TrendWeight.com to see the trends over time instead of the exact daily measurements.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I love watching the scale fluctuate even go up because I'm secure that overall I'm on a downward trend
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Truth : at least once a day. Sometimes twice
  • Ameenasmum24
    Ameenasmum24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Everyday because it motivates me and keeps me going I get happy sad etc but I just keep going.
  • bloodofareptile
    bloodofareptile Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have an automatic updating wifi scale. I get on it every morning. I'm a data analyst - I love information and graphs. It doesn't bother me to have it go up and down.

If it bothers you or you think you're obsessing over it, weigh less. If you're relaxed about it, I wouldn't worry about how often you do it.
  • WhoWasGivenToFly
    WhoWasGivenToFly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I don't get to concerned about small fluctuations, +/- 1 lbs, and I don't consider myself to be at a "new weight" until I see that number for at least 3 days in a row.

This just helps me personally to stay on track.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I don't get to concerned about small fluctuations, +/- 1 lbs, and I don't consider myself to be at a "new weight" until I see that number for at least 3 days in a row.

This just helps me personally to stay on track.

exactly this for me.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • wonderfullymadebyhim
    Options
    I weigh in every day because I have a wi-if scale and I love having a really clear picture of fluctuations. I tend not to look at the charts on MFP, but instead sync it with TrendWeight.com to see the trends over time instead of the exact daily measurements.

I pretty much do the same thing. I have a Fitbit Aria scale and use weightgrapher.com. Slick technology seems to motivate me more rather than a membership to weight watchers!
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Just about every day.
  • LizELopez
    LizELopez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I usually hop on the scale every morning to see where I'm at but I only log in my weight and measurements on Saturday mornings.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Daily and I look at a rolling 7 day average (average of the previous 7 days of weigh ins).
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to once a month but it gets really hard after 2 - 3 weeks as I start to lose motivation thinking I haven't lost anything. I actually did that this month as well, I know I've lost at least 7lbs this month but I always weigh in/update MFP on the 10th of each month so the loss isn't reflected on my ticker yet, it'll be nice seeing it at 20+lbs in a few days.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Once a week unless I'm curious through out the week.